HybridZ

Midnight Madness 560z...

Well progress isn't totally dead, I scored a good deal on a flex plate with the accompanying ring gear and crankshaft spacer.  Other than that I've been out of the country for a little while and just got home so progress was stopped during that time frame.

Small update, had a deal on a 2015 0 mile take out 8.8" 3.15:1 tracloc fall in my lap last week thanks to JPNDave. So I've order a rear hub assembly to model in solidworks.

Dave also was gracious enough to bring over an inside micrometer Friday and let me double check my cylinder bore measurements has I wasn't comfortable with the T Gauge and micrometer I had used previously. Looks like all of my cylinders are 3.8590 - 3.8595" with no hourglassing or Distortion detected in any of the cylinders.

Armed with that information I contacted Tom Molnar about pricing for narrowing the big end of some Chevy LS Turbo Tuff rods he has and fitting them with a 22 millimeter wrist pin similar to the Nissan stock pin. I also got the je piston quote put together again for a 3.860 bore and will be sending off a quote to them as will be calling them to discuss options for naturally aspirated and supercharged.

Edited by 1969honda

It was cool checking out your project. Always great when the parts measure out correct! I have a set of Manley H-Beams here as well as stock Gen 4 rods if you want to check them out.

These photos belong over here now...

post-31627-0-52606100-1464622188_thumb.jpg

post-31627-0-99687600-1464622196_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photos! Do you know what the offset it for the wheels you want to run yet? Just curious as I know that the z31 front hubs will bolt up to stock 240z spindles but create the need for a more positive offset rim.  Might actually work in my favor by the time the rear end is squared away and the new diff and axles installed.  Just thinking out loud here, double a-arms would be awesome but I'm still mulling over the additional time and expense versus running the front steering and suspension as is for now with coil overs.

I had a set picked out but after more research may need more offset to really get the KPI/SAI right with zero dynamic scrub. I'll need to get my math closer to finalized before settling on the wheels. I had to do similar on that Jeep and it was a lot less complicated suspension! I'm planning on 18" staggered set hopefully a lightweight 5 spoke or paired 5 spoke. Cost for the wheels needs to stay out of the stratosphere too.

If we can get the wheel bolt surface to center of KPI down to about 3" those wheels will work. Not sure that even makes sense. The stock strut will be more forgiving with a steeper angle but sacrifices in other places.

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures is a little deceiving, shows VMP on the foam but it's just the packaging. I had a little cash burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't pass this up at the price offered.

So now that the mass airflow device has been secured I really need to come up with some manifold designs...

post-47927-0-89839200-1465674505_thumb.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Small but exciting change, found a Harrop TVS 2300 for a really good deal and the m122 is up for sale. Also started collaborating with another VK56 enthusiast and was able to get a great deal on a Stillen lower manifold and upper plenum that should be here tomorrow. Really excited as this will get things rolling on having the blower alignment and intercooler mostly figured out with about half of the original expected fabrication work.

Edited by 1969honda

• 2 weeks later...

Mocked up the Harrop TVS2300 on a Stillen manifold set, also ordered in a water pump, fan pulley, idler pulley and tensioner pulley to start routing the belt. Best part about the stillen lower manifold is they cast in two sets of injector bungs so direct port meth or nitrous down the road will be an easy upgrade!

post-47927-0-59234400-1474650554_thumb.jpegpost-47927-0-21297200-1474650684_thumb.jpegpost-47927-0-71460400-1474650702_thumb.jpeg

post-47927-0-30083500-1474650834_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1969honda