HybridZ

Has anyone used the CX racing kit?

Just out of curiosity. I know the other kits work well and are proven but I'm curious about the CX Racing kit. There video on your tube shows the engine installed but no headers are used.

My setup with be a simple Aluminum L33 set up, ls6 intake, and a to be determined cam in a 71Z.

Insight is always valued.

Sunny Z turned me on to these. You can see how I did mine if you look at my build thread. It really makes for more room than other kits, and you can grind off the factory mounting points on the cross member to aid in alternator bolt clearance if you use a lower car mount for the alternator. 

http://www.randyellisdesign.com/DIY-Caged-Bushing-Tubular-GM-LS-Series-Race-Motor-Mount-Kit_p_85.html

I would go with these over the Dirty Dingo units I bought... and may eventually swap to them...  

Sunny Z turned me on to these. You can see how I did mine if you look at my build thread. It really makes for more room than other kits, and you can grind off the factory mounting points on the cross member to aid in alternator bolt clearance if you use a lower car mount for the alternator. 

http://www.randyellisdesign.com/DIY-Caged-Bushing-Tubular-GM-LS-Series-Race-Motor-Mount-Kit_p_85.html

I should be putting in my LS3 using the CX Racing mounts by the end of this month. I also bought the Sanderson/JTR block hugger headers, so as soon as I have the engine in, I can see how easy (I hope) the headers go on. I will report back as soon as I get that far.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

That would be appreciated. Looking to buy a kit soon.

• 8 months later...

I used it on my 280,

Motor mounts no problem.

Tranny looks like perfect for 240 narrow tunnel but not ideal in a 280 cuz wider shape of the tunnel. Made it work

I test fit the headers and they seem fine. Out being ceramic coated now.

Hope this helps.

Overall i like the kit cept for the tranny fitment. Really solid though. Trackzspeed used it too...240

Tadd

post-46716-0-40465200-1444715865_thumb.jpeg

post-46716-0-66832300-1444715905_thumb.jpeg

post-46716-0-41559500-1444715946_thumb.jpeg

Interested to know how the CX kit as a whole performs?  Are the headers big enough for the ly6?  I also have an ly6/tr6060 setup about to go into a 72 240.   It seems like a nice complete package if it is a good performer with decent fit and finish.  if anyone has installed and used this kit I would like to know if it is worth buying over all others value for dollar.    Any other input is appreciated.  Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the wealth of info here.   I ended up going with the CX kit also minus the muffler.  seems like the best option out there that I can find... Looking foreward to getting this stuff along with with the mountain of parts just ordered to get this project started.  Unfortunately the first order of business is replacing floor pans and doing some other rust repair but the shiny parts laying around should be motivation to get that done...

• 2 weeks later...