HybridZ

LS1 240 mounts (facts not opinion???)

Austin is a Looooong time member of HZ and just look at the parts... That stuff looks factory...

Well done Austin!!

I've been in contact with Austin trying to twist a set out of him, he's aparently pretty backed up right now: 

Hi Joel, 

Unfortunatly I havent had the time I hoped to make a set of beta test kits,  my hobby / side business time has been less then I hoped this year and prevented me progressing as far as I wanted on several projects. The prototype kit is done as you have seen but I dont currently have the time to make a few changes and put together beta kits. I did design my mounts to work with the Hawk's headers and also to provide maximum space for other header combinations...however I have only tested with Hawk's.  I have personally committed to seeing the orange car drive out of the garage before I work on on any other projects, that being said I hope to do the Beta run early next year but I'm hesitant to make any promises. 

I'd be willing to buy JCI's and CX racings headers for test fitting whenever he gets around to building the beta sets. 

• 1 month later...

Test fitting my engine with the Dirty Dingo mounts. Took the pictures for myself then decided I could share them here. This is with the engine pushed all of the way back. No issues with steering. I am using a Fbody pan

.IMG_5573.jpg
IMG_5574.jpg
IMG_5575.jpg
IMG_5576.jpg
IMG_5577.jpg

Edited by zspeed22

• 3 weeks later...

I've had quite a few contacts regarding what will work with the cxr LT's...... Obviously the cx motor mounts work... I believe the dirty dingo will work as well but there is no confirmed install of this that I'm aware of...... I don't think jci or hawks will work, just mu 02. Any trans mount should work with the cxr LT's but will require some extra cut and weld to fit right, like most of these swaps. I have been very happy with my outcome using all cxr stuff minus Y pipe back as I wanted to use my own muffler and the location of my fuel cell would have fouled against the cxr piping.

Just a heads up. I'm Beta Testing Hoke's mounts. I've already got his trans mount in my shop, its some beautiful work. 

I've ordered CX racing's and JCI's headers for test fits. Hoke's setup was designed with Hawks Headers to start so those are already covered.

I've had quite a few contacts regarding what will work with the cxr LT's...... Obviously the cx motor mounts work... I believe the dirty dingo will work as well but there is no confirmed install of this that I'm aware of...... I don't think jci or hawks will work, just mu 02. Any trans mount should work with the cxr LT's but will require some extra cut and weld to fit right, like most of these swaps. I have been very happy with my outcome using all cxr stuff minus Y pipe back as I wanted to use my own muffler and the location of my fuel cell would have fouled against the cxr piping.

Edited by spitsnaugle

hey guys, getting ready to purchase ls swap kit, need some advice, I like the CX racing kit except the rear trans mount, was wondering if you guys saw any problems with using JCI's rear trans mount for t56 in stead of the Cx raicing. I figured that both JCI and CX must have the engine and trans lined up the same to put shifter in correct position. Let me know your thought.s

hey guys, getting ready to purchase ls swap kit, need some advice, I like the CX racing kit except the rear trans mount, was wondering if you guys saw any problems with using JCI's rear trans mount for t56 in stead of the Cx raicing. I figured that both JCI and CX must have the engine and trans lined up the same to put shifter in correct position. Let me know your thought.s

Don't assume two builders locate something in the same place! CX racing's kit allows for forward/rearward location changes, vs JCI's is as-is.

Also the two kits dont likely mount the engine at the same height, which would make for some funky driveline angles. 

Edited by spitsnaugle

Ok, guys, man I have been racking my brain, so I called CXracing about there rear mount, my Z is a 1971 and does not have the horizontal mounts, my bolts are vertical and he said it should be a easier install since my car was originally a standard. I think I am going to go order the CX stuff, looks really good and seems that the trans mount is not an issue. Can anyone verify about the Z's having a different style trans mount for years.

Also, I guess its a high mount alt, which talking to dirty dingo, they have a driver high mount bracket and high mount ac for passenger which will work great. looking better and better

Edited by enforcercars