HybridZ

Need help with coolant passages.

nolander001

I have a l28 thats been sitting for awhile and I took the water pump off and noticed that the coolant passages are pretty rusty. It doesn't look bad enough to block flow or anything but it will be turbocharger(stock for now) and I want it to have its max cooling potential. Anyone know how i can clean the passages without getting the block dipped?

Is this something I can just take to them with the engine in the car or should I just take them my engine outside of it lol?

It's s basic thing. Most places that change oil I'll flush your radiator.

You can always flush it your self with CLR. In you have a water pump, pool pump, or a fish tank pump you can hook it up and let it run with CLR. It's also so good way to clean your heater core at home.

I would specifically go to a radiator shop.
My local one usually does this in conjunction with a radiator change, where they also do a water pump and block flush.

It's a strong chemical, with a neutralizer afterwards that takes out sediment and scale by a reverse flush from a special machine. 

I personally would not have it done on the Spee-D-Lube or Oil Can Henry's...