HybridZ

280zx power steering into rhd 280z conversion

Hi im new to hybridz, ive been reading up stuff on here for over a year now since ive grown a lot of interest into classic z cars, i finally got a 75 280z, no smog here in ca which is awesome. Ive gotten a lot of tips and help with stuff on this website and finally decided to join it.

My question may be to crazy to even ask, but ive been searching amd havent found anything about this topic.

Ive read that the 280zx has the steering rack behind the front axle and the s30 in front of the axle, and steering would be opposite....now what if you still put it in front of the front axle but flip it so the steering column is in the right side...it seems pretty easy to think about, but again this may be a dumb question.

I have seen pics where they did a complete teardown on a z, and cut the firewall on both side and made the holes where the booster, clutch master cylinder and throttle are mounted to put everything on the right side. If the s130 rack were possible this would be good for the rhd conversion and power steering conversion.

Again just a thought, any replies greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...