HybridZ

Looking for opinion on a parts car

TDWP

First off if this is the wrong section I aplogize, this seemed to fit best for the questions.

Anyway I am looking at buying a complete but rusted out parts car so that I can piece back together my rust free shell I acquired a few weeks ago. The owner said he doesn't know if it runs or when the last time it was ran but he says it turns over by hand and he hasn't tried starting it because he has no use of it since it came with another car he purchased.

So my question is would his price of 1100 dollars be fair for the car, the items I need from the car are engine, trans, mounts( since I'm putting it back to stock from a v8), dash, hood, seats, grill, bumper, and a lot of little stuff here and there.

image5.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image6.jpg

I'm really just looking for opinions on the car.

thanks!

Edited by TDWP

I agree with NgoZ....you're probably better off going with a car that's at least running (and nominally, driving), since you're looking for a decent drivetrain to transplant into your rust-free shell.  From the pictures, this one looks kind of like a rust-bucket that may or may not have the parts you need.

I've got an early 74 so fitment into my car isn't an issue, but yes I agree the price is high and I wanted to see if others held that same opinion. Unfortunately I've come to realize that seems to be the going rate in these parts.

Seriously, $1100 for that is a joke. I'd honestly question paying $500 for it. I just dont know if you can pull that amount of parts out of it. By the time you fix the problems with the parts you can use, you probably could have bought them cheaper.

Edited by skerry

• 2 weeks later...

So you guys are the ones buying good cars and cutting them up so we can't rebuild them.

Save some for the little guy!

Everyone's got to know where to draw the line between repair and recycle.  These poor cars rust horribly, sometimes they cannot be saved without unreasonable effort.