HybridZ

Will 16x9 +0 fit? Appropriate tire size?

The answer from the old guys is "no." The answer from the young guys is "yes". I guess it comes down to your definition of "fit" and "bone stock." When my car was stock, the biggest I could fit was a 15x7 zero offset with a 225/50/15 tire. That was back when a 15 was big. I think a 16x7 would be fine too. The limiting problem was the rear fenders. There's actually more room up front for tires-that could have gone to 8" with a perfect offset. But I don't see 9" in back fitting by my definition of the word. Not by a mile.

I have 225/50/16x8+0 all around (Bridgestone streets). The front's don't rub at all*. The rears required rolling the fenders but are now fine. A slightly negative offset and you might be able to keep the fender lips straight. Also, be aware actual tire widths vary a lot between makes.

*OK, maybe I heard it rub once or twice hitting a bump at full lock

Haha ya I like style over performance any day. But out of curiosity, would the extra weight of the wheels dampen the performance of my stock engine.

Wheels are unpsrung weight, and have rotational inertia. So even small drops in wheel weight brings relatively large benefits, and vice-versa.

Edited by BLOZ UP