HybridZ

Not ANOTHER wheel fitment question!

As you have probably guessed by now, this is another wheel fitment question.  :rolleyes:

Since my Z is completely torn apart, it is really difficult to take measurements.

I am going to run TTT coilovers with TTT front and rear brake kit. I don't want to roll my fenders or add flares or any other modifications to the sheet metal. I'm not going to run any crazy negative camber as I've seen on some cars lately (I don't even want to use camber plates).

I've seen some cool looking 8x15 -12et wheels which I plan to run on 205/50. It's the -12 that I'm worried about, i've read that it gets really tight against the fenders, especially on the front. I just want to make sure everything is ok before paying. It would suck buying rims, having them shipped all the way here only to have them shipped back (on my expense  :bonk:)

Any help would be great!

m&mparty.gif

I dont think it will fit. If you want to clear the stock fenders and you want a 8in wheel. I think you will need more like a +10 offset(may require coilovers and fenders slightly rolled still too. camber plates may solve that though).

Also if you plan to run a 205/50 tire maybe consider running 15x7 or 16x7's!

I have 16x7's with zero offset 205/55 and it fits the Z perfectly dimensions wise and aesthetics IMO.

Here is a reference point for you to start from. As I mentioned earlier. This is a 16x7 zero offset with 205/55.

I think I could have squeezed a 215 but tire options were limited. A 225 would have absolutely rubbed!, I have heard from other members running a 225 that it rubbed and they had to slightly roll fenders to clear or just dealt with the issue.

This is why I dont see a 8 in rim with -12 offset fitting under the fenders very nicley. As others mentioned, the -12 is more like running a 9in rim! Maybe someone else can post pictures of the 15x8 -12 set-up. 

post-4505-0-26514300-1424364875_thumb.jpg

post-4505-0-72636900-1424364889_thumb.jpg

post-4505-0-76159900-1424364906_thumb.jpg

Third time I'm writing, multiquote function doesnt work and keeps deleting everything I write  :angry:

I can't see that fitting, you need something more like +10.

If you only want 205's then why use 8" wheels, I'd have thought 7" wheels would be better.

I would have gone with 8" et 0 but the rims I like aren't offered in that size. I also like the look of SLIGHTLY stretched tires on the rims (Nothing radical). I have even seen motorcycle tires stretched on car rims!!!!  :shock:

15 x 8 et-12 is about the same as 15 x 9 et0. You're going to need a very minor roll if you want to run without camber. I suggest atleast -1 or -2 of camber and you would clear. That's nothing crazy, that's stock on most cars nowadays

I'm not quite sure yet how to dial in camber without installing camber plates. I've seen some mounts which have some adjustments without cutting into the car, still looking into them. I've seen a few cars here on hybridz running 15x9, but they all seemed to have the wheels slightly sticking out. That's what I'm trying to avoid 

Here is a reference point for you to start from. As I mentioned earlier. This is a 16x7 zero offset with 205/55.

I think I could have squeezed a 215 but tire options were limited. A 225 would have absolutely rubbed!, I have heard from other members running a 225 that it rubbed and they had to slightly roll fenders to clear or just dealt with the issue.

This is why I dont see a 8 in rim with -12 offset fitting under the fenders very nicley. As others mentioned, the -12 is more like running a 9in rim! Maybe someone else can post pictures of the 15x8 -12 set-up. 

Thanks for the photos, awesome rims! That is the kind of look I'm going for. I would run 15x7 but I like the look of a slightly deeper dish (even if it is just 0.5 inches).

This is what I was thinking to run, I have not seen anyone running these on a Z and think they would look awesome. Kind of like a hotrod version   :cool:

black-smoothie-15x7.png

I have 16 x 7 et 0 with 225/50, lowered with Koni spring on stock struts and rolled lip. Only rub when the driver drive too fast and dont see big bumbs on twisted roads.......attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a really tight fit.... Are you using spacers? Makes me rethink my wheel/tire sizes

I have 15x8 -14 in the rear, stock body. Had 225/50 but that rubbed a lot, switched to 205/55, much better, but still rubs under heavy compression. Fenders are rolled.

Here is a thread with some fitment pics.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/112524-need-tire-size-help-for-15x8-14-wheels/?fromsearch=1

Edited by turbeau

Don't know whats going on with all your cars rubbing, My 225/45/16 tyres never rub, they are very close, but don't rub. You just need to make sure to have an offset close to +10 on the rear, or if you have coilovers I reckon +15 - +20 could fit.

15x7 +0 225/50/15. 

Terrible picture

0483CE84-7897-469A-A78A-F1EB0B1C850A_zps

Rubs on the rolled lip on big dips fully loaded, running 1-2 degrees of camber

The magic inner number is 8.25 + 4 has a quarter of clearance to the inside if memory serves so you are fine on the inside with the 8 -12. On the outside you might be hanging outside the body a bit, but with the stretch and lower profile you could get by. 

I have 15x8 -14 in the rear, stock body. Had 225/50 but that rubbed a lot, switched to 205/55, much better, but still rubs under heavy compression. Fenders are rolled.

Here is a thread with some fitment pics.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/112524-need-tire-size-help-for-15x8-14-wheels/?fromsearch=1

Nice rims! 

15x7 +0 225/50/15. 

Terrible picture

0483CE84-7897-469A-A78A-F1EB0B1C850A_zps

Rubs on the rolled lip on big dips fully loaded, running 1-2 degrees of camber

The magic inner number is 8.25 + 4 has a quarter of clearance to the inside if memory serves so you are fine on the inside with the 8 -12. On the outside you might be hanging outside the body a bit, but with the stretch and lower profile you could get by. 

Thanks for the photo, it's a little hard to tell what they look like from this angle and quality.

Isnt 225 on 7" too large?

Bottom line, with 7 or 8" wide wheels you want to have your offset between 0 and +10.  At 0 you can get away with a 225 width tire.  With coil-overs and +10 you can easily run 235 width and possibly even 245 width tires. A -12 offset will pretty much limit you to a 195 width tire to stay clear of your suspension unless you have coil-overs.  At that point you might(?) get away with a 205 width.  Your $$$.