HybridZ

Back at it....

Keep them coming :)

post-9962-0-15554500-1427169823_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-11277500-1427169840_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-35719800-1427169853_thumb.jpg

I literally have thousands of pics. of the fabrication etc.... Even cars at Barrett Jackson, Championship Race Cars etc.......some cars are fabrication, others are engines and tuning.

Here are some carbon panels. We vacuum bag and also set up for pre-preg.

To tool and make one single panel is BIG $$$$$$ and not for the faint of heart or wallet.

post-9962-0-26470500-1427170028_thumb.jpg

post-9962-0-54654500-1427170164_thumb.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

basically all the old parts are now replaced and simple while effectively working like the factory.

The fact that there aren't 40+ year old fuel fluid/vapor hose across the rear tail light section makes me feel a LOT better; the same reason I'm replacing brakes. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Elegant solution, and in theory it makes total sense.  Hope to hear how well it works for you when you are back up and running, which really can't be too far off at this point.  Keep up the great work!!

Man... That's some beautiful work. It would be great to see a walkthrough of your shop! Virtual tours of hybrid z members' garages should be a thing. :)

I have an nda signed with some large companies that do not allow video. But, I did allow a hybrid z member to take pics. Recently. Would you like to see his photographs?

Elegant solution, and in theory it makes total sense. Hope to hear how well it works for you when you are back up and running, which really can't be too far off at this point. Keep up the great work!!

Thanks,Ryan.

Part of my idea of resto-mods. Are

Correcting some of the old parts to newer components and materials: brakes, stainless steel steel

Exhaust, modern seat belts and in a month power steering. For a lowered z car with wide wheels, it's a must have.

After we removed the fuel tank for repair, we noted that the hoses needed repair due to age. I've never thought much about the functionality of the evap. system till yesterday. I can see that the evap tank was repaired at one time as well, so more than likely that's why z cars often have heavy fumes. The hoses running inside the interior make no sense and everything I researched made no sense either. The fittings on the fuel tank are below the high point, so fuel has no choice but to slosh theough the hoses upon turning. That can't be good. And,

If you get rear ended, the fuel has no choice but to push into the hoses and leak into the interior.

I can't put much time into the car today. I've got tons of work to do. We have to replace master/clutch slave, install exhaust, one heater hose ,new wheels and tires, alignment,

Brake master upgrade and big brake kit.

For now, I'll

Do everything necessary to

Get motor started.

Edited by Hoover

Morning Everyone,

My son asked again, "when will the Z be running? cuz I'm busy this Sunday."

It's exciting to relive some of my past Z car life and I'm probably having a case of mid-life crisis, if anything. My common sense tells me that there are too many old and worn out components to feel any comfort at all. By all means, I did not assemble a show car and if I had the time/space etc..... I would have taken the entire underside of the car apart and cleaned up everything. With the reasonable cost of aftermarket parts- why not!? It's cheaper and faster to just install those and save yourself weeks of waiting for powder coating etc.... Who know, maybe I'll do that down the line.

Will try to get the fuel filter and pump installed before moving on for the rest of the afternoon with regular business.

Which is the best interior carpet kit? I know that some of the insulation is original and that stuff looks like a chunk of house insulation that's sandwiched together and hair sprayed together.......

post-9962-0-51951600-1427246049_thumb.jpg

I'll need to check alignment and looks like the back needs neg. camber.....

the wheels have a -19 offset and it's lines up with the outer edge of the fender flare....Maybe it should have been -17 offset?

Edited by Hoover

Enough for today....got a chance to put in a few hours.

Rear brakes installed less pads....

Fuel Pump and Filter installed.....

passenger side turn signal lens replaced...

Clutch slaved replaced....

replaced reverse light switch...

not bad for a few hours....

will get the front brakes on tomorrow, clutch master, reinstall new exhaust and replace throttle cable..... plug a few coolant lines in the engine bay add fuel and I might be able to do a first start.....

Edited by Hoover