HybridZ

Back at it....

moving forward and evap system, time for some more modern parts...

going to simplify the system and continue to use most of the original design.

installing this vent valve which will open when there is more pressure on one side to handle gas expansion. In addition, since it's closed when there isn't pressure, my garage hopefully won't smell of gas fumes from fumes dumping into atmosphere.....attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You need two of those! One that allows expansion, the other to let air in from use driving down the road.

Trust me, if you cork up a 240's tank with all new hoses and a properly functioning cap driving down the road with a Holley Blue supplying fuel to the Webers you get a mysterious "no fuel pressure" problem after about 45 minutes on the freeway, and when you open the hatch, you fund the plastic filler neck sucked FLAT because someone capped the diverter valve on the left fender well with a couple of black vacuum caps!

I converted all of my fittings to 10mm, and used fuel line to preserve full function of the EVAP system, when you pressurize the tank by plugging the diverter valve it will hold 3psi for days!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You need two of those! One that allows expansion, the other to let air in from use driving down the road.

Trust me, if you cork up a 240's tank with all new hoses and a properly functioning cap driving down the road with a Holley Blue supplying fuel to the Webers you get a mysterious "no fuel pressure" problem after about 45 minutes on the freeway, and when you open the hatch, you fund the plastic filler neck sucked FLAT because someone capped the diverter valve on the left fender well with a couple of black vacuum caps!

I converted all of my fittings to 10mm, and used fuel line to preserve full function of the EVAP system, when you pressurize the tank by plugging the diverter valve it will hold 3psi for days!

Much appreciate the advice, Tony.

I'll know what to look for if the car suddenly turns off....

Hopefully, we'll be on the dyno or atleast start the engine soon!!!!!

post-9962-0-40872100-1427307413_thumb.jpg

normally, I don't use drilled rotors, but since this is just a street car it will suffice...

replacing all the old parts is what's most important.

Now, if this was a race car.....completely different upgrade path.....

Edited by Hoover

Front tires arrive at Sonoma Raceway today and I could take an hour drive and get fronts mounted etc.....

But, no point, don't want to waste time....want to ground the Z today....!!!!!

post-9962-0-46599500-1427309332_thumb.jpg

front brakes installed.

grounded the car temporarily and ride height is a little low. rears will hit the edge of the flares at about 1:00 position. Will just raise the rear up a little via coil-over.

Video!

Also, I too just bought T3s big front brakes.

Happy to see them on your car first!

Loving the updates and progress you're making. It's putting most of us (mainly me) to shame.

Thanks!

Many years ago, the owner of T3 (we don't know each other), said I helped him/car owner out with an AE86. My first conversation with the owner of T3 was literally a week or so ago, but he remembered my name etc..... He made me their last dealer and I honestly didn't expect that at all. That really made me feel that doing nice things for people usually pays off somewhere in your life.

So, if anyone needs parts from T3, I'm available at HooverC@turbohoses.com.

My son saw the video and couldn't believe the engine was running....

The first thing he said to me was, "how? I know that you always put forward your priorities each day, and the Z isn't one of them." It's bitter sweet for me, honestly, because there is sacrifice without a doubt. One week turned into 3.5 weeks so far and it drove me nuts when another day was added. No matter how I looked at it, I felt guilty. Each day people rely on me to succeed so that they succeed, but it's not always a two-way street. I told my eldest son that my priorities are to be sure that they have the tools necessary to live each day. My eldest son said, "it's ok, dad. you always look out for everyone and never yourself. If anyone deserves some time off- it's you?" Regardless, I did not absorb it that way.

I should be celebrating- correct?

I do feel a small weight lifted off my shoulders and the guilt of letting this Z sit for so long gives me a sense of satisfaction.

I know this post isn't the most cheerful, and I'm not sure what the real reason is......maybe I'm over worked and stressed.....

In any case, I hope you all are enjoying the build...!

Edited by Hoover

post-9962-0-53509900-1427394897_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-04186900-1427395108_thumb.jpg

post-9962-0-56000300-1427395184_thumb.jpg

on the dyno.....sorta....

since we didn't have the original bin file, we have to figure out how the PCM was set up.....and without timing marks to confirm crank trigger, it's going to take a little more time.....

notice the original wheels are back on? car was too low and i'm out of adjustments on the coil over.....

need a taller spring.....

front tires arrived atleast.....

post-9962-0-87621000-1427395074_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Many years ago, the owner of T3 (we don't know each other), said I helped him/car owner out with an AE86. My first conversation with the owner of T3 was literally a week or so ago, but he remembered my name etc..... He made me their last dealer and I honestly didn't expect that at all. That really made me feel that doing nice things for people usually pays off somewhere in your life.

So, if anyone needs parts from T3, I'm available at HooverC@turbohoses.com.

How cool!  Congratulations, T3 makes good parts from what I see, I will keep you in mind.

calibration begins. made our own timing marks and I can only guesstimate that we're close by the sound of the engine. One trigger tooth is worth 6 dg. so we have to be very careful.....

Edited by Hoover