HybridZ

Back at it....

i recall the exhaust i have is a mandrel bent 3" stainless.

I'm considering just making a 2 1/2" exhaust and magnaflow resonator in the middle- 20"L.

I ordered the resonator today, but to keep work down to a minimum, I'll just install the 2 1/2" resonator in the center and maybe do the rest at a later time. I don't want to get too deep into this......already didn't get a paycheck today....:(......

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-9962-0-94775100-1425614534_thumb.jpg

this radiator probably works, but it's had better days.

I have a new radiator that's polished, but that's a bit bling bling for this car and may make everything else look even worse!!!!

I would much rather prefer normal aluminum or a black radiator....

the driver side is missing the seat belt. I think it's in a box with the other Z car, but it's the original belts.

Maybe I should upgrade to the new belts motorsport sells that retract. I don't plan on tracking this car, so a harness would be overkill and uncomfortable for a weekend morning cruiser.

post-9962-0-60782900-1425674177_thumb.jpg

new radiator installed.....

working on electric fans....

BUT didn't realize that during the time it was running, the fans were running backwards........man, i feel stooopid....!!!

post-9962-0-30607200-1425696417_thumb.jpg

went to the warehouse to look for more Z parts- dusty, dirty but no spiders that I could see....

post-9962-0-62779900-1425696489_thumb.jpg

found a box full of stuff..... I really need to spend a day here and just go through things.

In the back I did find a set of 15" Hoshino G5 wheels.

brought back some parts to clean up for the other Z car, but I still need a 4.11 gear set.... anyone know of one for sale- R180?

post-9962-0-88632500-1425696600_thumb.jpg

post-9962-0-04396100-1425697130_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-65844100-1425697175_thumb.jpg

this mandrel bent 304ss exhaust is quite a few years old......

i'm going to change to 2 1/2", add resonator and canister style muffler next week.

would be nice to have the Z a little quieter....

oh.....ordered new heater hoses from Motorsport, but forgot to order seat belts......

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!

This week was fun, but extremely stressful with day in/out of work..........

At certain times, I wanted to put the Z away and focus, but just kept going......

Hope you all hae a great weekend!!!!

thanks, terse!

I have another project that's arrived already and I'd like to see it on the race track this year.

I wanted to button up my past before I head into the future.

This work is a bit sentimental and a deeper meaning with all that I've been through.....it's time to close some chapters and not let them linger so long....

I've built a lot of cars, but this Z is going together fairly quickly.

With all the research I've been doing, I hope to build an RBZ one day, maybe a customer perhaps..... I have a donor in storage, but priorities dictate.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

engines out of storage....

well, looks like I can't find my Electramotive Tech3R......shoot! here goes another 2k I didn't expect.

The orange car is a 3.2 ltr. , twm, electramotive, zx 5 spd., 4.11 ls in the works......

glad you found it

Edited by 240Z Turbo

thanks for your offer, James, really appreciate it.

I'm glad I found it as well.......

Like we spoke about-

I felt so guilty having all this Z car parts and cars and it's just sad to see them sitting there. Once I started shifting the warehouse around, I decided that if I don't attempt this now, I would probably never in my life time complete them; more or less, I will more than likely give them to my kids......maybe.....lol!!!!

I pushed as hard as possible for the past few days and amazed myself that I have near all the mechanical completed. A bit of fabrication next week, dump the old fuel/oil and tuning begins. What surprised me is what a Z costs nowadays. When I was 20 years old, you could get a car for under 1000.00 to build. A nice Z nowadays is 30k and a donor 4000.00 to 7500.00. And, the OEM parts are not only hard to find, they are expensive. The Euro tail lights are 850.00. I had someone offer me some big money for the 432 grill that's on my car- I couldn't believe it, but these cars are GREAT investments, IMO.

Overall, I'm really having a lot of fun and feel a weight lifted off me.........i can't wait to hear the motor turn over..

I see myself building a few RBZ cars in the future...... so we'll be talking soon......

IMO, I think the best bang for the buck in a fun performance car is an rb engine into a Z. Not only is it a cool install, it's a decent investment as far as a car goes.......

I just checked my credit card bill from all the parts I bought then looked at my Z and bottom line-

priceless......!!!!!

Edited by Hoover