HybridZ

Success at Last

Phantom

Back in August of 2013 I rescued a 2/70 build date 240Z out of a field about 10 miles from my home.  I almost passed it by because of how rugged it looked initially.  Upon closer inspection, however, I discovered that it was a numbers matching car that was mostly there and had no serious rust issues.  I struck a deal with the owner and towed it home.  At one point I considered making it a project car with my grandsons but abandoned the idea.  My wife was not keen on having it sitting around outside and it looked like it was going to be difficult to recover the lost title on the car the system requires here in Washington.  Anyway - I was posting the car up on enthusiasts websites in the hopes someone would want it to restore or at least use for parts.  I just couldn't stand the idea of the car rusting away in a field or getting crushed.  Long story short I made a comment about it on a Ratsun.net thread and that afternoon I got a text from some folks in San Jose, CA indicating they wanted it.  I said sure and they were here in Washington the next morning with cash in hand. It was all kind of surreal. A few hours later they were on their way back to San Jose.  The young man who bought it is planning a full rotisserie rebuild on the car.  Music to my ears.  So happy to know that a series 1 car is going to continue on.

The kind of sad thing about the Z is that 4 days later i sold tricycle (3-wheel bicycle) for more than I sold the Z for.  The good news, though, is that the trike went to a very good home.  It will be used by a mentally challenged young man.  He was really excited to get it.

Edited by Phantom