HybridZ

EFI Wiring harness Sheilding

So I've fabricated a new EFI wiring harness because the PO decided to splice every wire and tape it back together.... needless to say the rest of the connectors were rotted, and the contacts were completely corroded. I'm trying to source high temp shielding for the wiring. the oem shielding was pvc however id prefer a high temp braid as a solution. Any Ideas?

post-48418-0-92829900-1425184838_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It sounds like to want some type of wire loom. The term "shielding" generally refers to some type electrically isolating covering.

Most commonly used is convoluted tubing, which is a plastic based covering. I know there are some companies that offer a braided covering, but it is difficult to install at best. 

There are companies that have machines that will actually braid a covering directly onto a wire harness, but I don't know of any places that will do that for one off harnesses.

Look up "Mil-spec" or "mil-spec type" coverings to find what you want, there will be something.

• 5 months later...