HybridZ
Hoover

Motorsport Auto 2015

I just got to orange! It's been about 15 years for me as well. Made a last minute decision to drive down here today so I can be onsite bright and early! If you see a guy with glasses and a Datsun shirt shooting video with a dslr, don't be stranger! :)

Edited by Swami

I just got back. I went down just to see it. Plenty of cool "Z''s Only bad thing is I got rear ended on the way.

A guy in a Tesla with his son driving. Freeway stopped (road work?) and he didn't.

Dad took responsibility and will pay for the repair but I didn't need it.

Some very unusual cars but most just pretty "Z"'s.

Damn that sucks. Glad nobody got hurt! Some kind of weird energy in the air today, for sure.

About 15 minutes into shooting video of the event, my DSLR decided to die. Tried all the recommendations online and it looks like I'll have have it repaired by a professional. So when the camera store opened at 10, I ran over there and bought a used canon T2i body v(Because dammit I drove 426 miles to make a video. This is HAPPENING if I have to force it).

Get back to Motorsport, and I discover all too late that the battery for a T2i LOOKS the same but the pins are different. So the Motorsport folks were nice enough to charge the battery in their back room. I go back to my maxima to regroup... BAM! PARKING TICKET!

I shoot the shit with folks and when my battery is done charging I get about 10 more minutes of footage before it starts POURING. So everyone is bailing. I start packing up. My 50mm lens falls off my lap and shatters right there at the Motorsport parts counter.

So I'm not tempting fate any further here. I'm staying in orange til tomorrow. No way I'm driving in the rain with this energy looming over me.

On the bright side, I am pretty sure I can pull a recap video together despite all of this. Also got to see some incredible cars and meet some incredible people. :)

Hi Folks,

I flew down and spent the bulk of the day there. Lots of cool Z's and people.

Saw a 350z that was so low, he high-cenetered and had to be pushed out of the driveway with a big scrape.

Dyno was interesting and I could hear misfire on some of the cars. I looked at their dyno charts as well and could see what I was hearing.

All in all it's the first time I've been back in probably 15 years or so.

Hope you all had fun.

Hoover

I was with a coworker. sorry we missed you, but I haven't been on the forum for a few days.

been enjoying just being around the Z community and driving my Z whenever I want. I have 3 other cars we're building right now, so I can't expend much funds on the my other Z and only little things on the Orange Z next week. Bought a new urethane airdam, new datsun key chain and now some rubber trim pieces and probably pull out the carbon orange dash cover and install a plain black next week.

it was fun to watch the dyno and see what everyones been building......

next time! you going to the swap meet in concord?

you have a FB account?

may 3

HobbyTown USA in Concord.

Cars and Coffee in BlackHawk is the same day, but in the morning.

I might drive the Z there, then get my truck and head to the swap meet which starts at 10:30. would be perfect timing.

I just got to orange! It's been about 15 years for me as well. Made a last minute decision to drive down here today so I can be onsite bright and early! If you see a guy with glasses and a Datsun shirt shooting video with a dslr, don't be stranger! :)

i think everyone was wearing a Datsun shirt.

If you buy plane tickets early, it's 48.00 each way. less than fuel.