76 replies to this topic

#21 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ
  • LocationTexas, a whole 'nuther country

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

w00h00 progress!

Can't you see...
what this crazy life is doing to me?!?!
Life is just a fantaZ. Can you live this fantaZ life?

#22 wfritts911

wfritts911
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

Alright, finally getting around to making some progress on this stuff. I've got the uprights, front diff mounts, and strut tubes all tacked up and ready to finish weld. Have 6 mustache bar assemblies ready to go, just short a few bars and a few sets of bushings for the rest of the 10. Have enough axle flanges to modify 10 pairs of explorer stubs. I need to order some more DOM tubing to make the strut spacers for the bottom of the strut tubes. I also need to machine some of the spacers for the axles and the mustache bars.

Overall I'm pretty close though. I have axle stubs from 2 people right now, anyone else that is interested needs to go ahead and send me their stubs, as I will be getting the ones I have welded up this week sometime. Rotor hats as well for those going with the wilwood brakes.

The catch with the mustang stuff, is the centerbore of the rotor is too small to fit over the dodge hub, so the rotor will have to be machined to fit over the hub. Not a huge deal, any machine shop should be able to do it in 5 minutes, so maybe a $20 ordeal when you need new rotors. But it looks like it should work fine with that being the only catch. The stuff blkmgk sent me is from Silvermine motors which uses the 05+ GT rear brakes. The rear rotor is very shallow which makes it fit well with my setup.

I am also doing a setup with BC racing coil overs which is going to work well. I just weld my tabs on the bottom of the tube that normally welds to the uprights, and it will just bolt up to my upright instead.

Should have kits ready to roll out in a few weeks.

-Will

Attached Files

1978 280Z - Built not bought - LS1/T56, Monster stg 3(Read: Axle Eater), 799 Heads/milled .035, Custom Headers, OBX LSD
348rwhp/370rwtq. 12.15@118.3 w/ 2.02 sixty on street tires.
"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets ya"

#23 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Alright! Glad I checked the forum tonight.

I'm reading up again to see exactly which parts and where so I can ship them off ASAP. PM sent wfritts911!

Can't you see...

#24 BLKMGK

BLKMGK
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

I'm interested, haven't checked in lately - gah! You need a set of "F150 Front CV Axle 97-03" from each of us interested - correct? I need to just PM you my damn phone number so you can text me I'm so bad about getintg back to you :(

#25 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

Will: Parts ordered and hopefully shipped to you soon!

Can't you see...

#26 wfritts911

wfritts911
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

Alright, I have pretty much everything whooped. I will be taking parts to the powder coaters first thing Monday morning(They are closed Fridays). Should have everything back by Thursday and shipping kits out next Friday. Those of you who have been in contact and ordered a kit/parts from me, check your PMs. Those of you who are interested but were waiting for me to get close, now is the time to move. Shoot me a PM, or email at frittsmanufacturing@hotmail.com and we will get something worked out. I currently have 5 and a half kits sold.

-Will

1978 280Z - Built not bought - LS1/T56, Monster stg 3(Read: Axle Eater), 799 Heads/milled .035, Custom Headers, OBX LSD

#27 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

PayPal sent today!

Can't you see...

#28 ladams17

ladams17
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Just purchased my kit from Will!

#29 Redwine automotive

Redwine automotive
  • Locationmemphis,tn

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

I just got  mine today and the fabrication work is awesome A+++ to  Will .

#30 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

Ooooh I can hardly wait for mine to ship!

Can't you see...

#31 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:36 PM

Still waiting Hmmmmmm :/

Can't you see...

#32 wfritts911

wfritts911
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Well after sending the parts back to the powder coater the second time for being scuffed up. They weren't completed when I was told there would be(On Tuesday). So they were supposed to be done the next day, but then work got super busy and I couldn't make it up there. So now we are set back some more, I will be picking everything up this coming Tuesday morning and shipping out as quickly as I can after that.

Thanks,

-Will

#33 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

Well after sending the parts back to the powder coater the second time for being scuffed up. They weren't completed when I was told there would be(On Tuesday). So they were supposed to be done the next day, but then work got super busy and I couldn't make it up there. So now we are set back some more, I will be picking everything up this coming Tuesday morning and shipping out as quickly as I can after that.

Thanks,

-Will

Thanks for the update. Just shoot me a tracking # when it's time. Thx

Can't you see...

#34 JustAFantaZ

JustAFantaZ

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:22 AM

Got my two packaged in Wednesday. Good quality stuff. Now I just need to comb through the list and scrounge up all the other stuff I need. Thanks again

wfritts911!
Can't you see...

#35 lewydeeayy

lewydeeayy
  • Locationchicago

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:59 AM

is this kit still available? very interested.

#36 Richard Oben

Richard Oben
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

I would like to buy the M bar and the Uprights.  If possible.  Thanks, Richard. 

#37 Elledge12

Elledge12
  • LocationNear: Ellensburg, Washington

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

Also interested... Still making these? 

#38 wfritts911

wfritts911
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Alright, I am currently out of kits. I have some pieces left over that I made extras of, so Richard I will be in touch with you shortly. But as far as complete kits, I am out. I have two orders that I need to complete, but other than that, everyone has received their parts already. Sorry for the lack of communication lately, I have been really busy.

At this time I don't plan to start another batch in the immediate future. Its difficult to do this stuff during the night after my day job and get stuff done in a timely manner and enjoy doing it. I will hopefully make more in the future, but no idea on when that might be.

Thanks everyone for the orders and patience. I still have minimal feedback on this kit, so when you get it installed or start driving on the kit, I would really appreciate feedback on everything. Good or bad feedback is welcome. And if anyone makes a write up of the install since I have next to no instructions on it, I would be extremely grateful.

-Will

#39 BossaNova

BossaNova
  • LocationUnited States, Georgia, Woodstock

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

Hook me up and I'll give you some install pics. :D

#40 bramagedained

bramagedained
  • LocationMN

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

Alright, I am currently out of kits. I have some pieces left over that I made extras of, so Richard I will be in touch with you shortly. But as far as complete kits, I am out. I have two orders that I need to complete, but other than that, everyone has received their parts already. Sorry for the lack of communication lately, I have been really busy.

At this time I don't plan to start another batch in the immediate future. Its difficult to do this stuff during the night after my day job and get stuff done in a timely manner and enjoy doing it. I will hopefully make more in the future, but no idea on when that might be.

Thanks everyone for the orders and patience. I still have minimal feedback on this kit, so when you get it installed or start driving on the kit, I would really appreciate feedback on everything. Good or bad feedback is welcome. And if anyone makes a write up of the install since I have next to no instructions on it, I would be extremely grateful.

-Will

Good thing I jumped in when I did then.

FWIW whenever I get to putting it in my car this winter it will be well documented.  I've been documenting everything I've done with pictures on a local car forum, and my web design project is of my car and it's progress as a project.

The garage is just about set up, then as soon as salt flies I'll take my car off DD duty and start tearing into it.

Edited by bramagedained, 19 October 2015 - 05:34 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 8.8, IRS, rear, end, swap, cv, joints, axles, strong, kit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users