HybridZ

RB25 ignitions parts

Blob1620

Here's the deal folks. I have a spec1 rb25, but bought a spec2 harness thinking that's what I had. After contacting wiring specialties I was presented several options and so I'm here to try and see what people have sitting in their garages.

I have a brand spanking new Wiring Specialties coil harness that is not usable in spec1 configuration of the coils, therefore, I can sell that and buy an adapter to the ignitor to use the coils I've got already. So first, I'd like to offer that for sale. 

Or

If you have a set of spec2 coils, I can install those and use the harness I already have (preferable) but they are expensive. So, someone who'd like to trade, or, part trade for my spec1 coils would be super!

Let me know what you've got folks! PM's for faster response.

post-47983-0-90058600-1426161164_thumb.jpg

post-47983-0-75980300-1426161174_thumb.jpg

don't the series 1 and 2 have different ECU's? so if you were to swap you would need to get the matching ECU? "The most obvious change to the system was the introduction of ignition coils with built in ignitors, therefore the coil ignitor that was on previous models was not used. Other changes were, different air flow meter, engine ECU, cam angle sensor and throttle position sensor. Mechanically Series 1 and Series 2 are very similar, the only mechanical difference would be thecamshafts as the Series 2 Cam Angle Sensor's shaft that goes into the exhaust cam is slightly different. This is very important not to mistake! (early Series 2 featured the traditional Mitsubishi CAS which was later swapped for the Black CAS because of a positioning tooth which occasionally broke off)" --source Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_RB_engine#RB25

You know, that's exactly what I asked wiring specialties, and they claimed that there was no change in the ecu, that my spec1 ecu would work... All documentation I've seen on this subject says otherwise... but I feel compelled to trust the professionals who do it every day.

He claimed that its to the point that their current model of RB harness works for both specs, without modification. a universal harness for spec1 and spec2.  Hell, he even said I could run knock sensors with my Spec1 ecu, which to me seems weird that they would have them included in the tune seeing as though the spec2 was the one with knock sensors.

i have the same harness you have but what i noticed in the instructions is that it says "if you have spec 1 use this connector, if you have spec 2 use the other one. then to tape off the unused connector." so yes, they are correct the harness will "work", but that is only because they have both sets of plugs lol