HybridZ

Side mirrors that don't suck

BLOZ UP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pegasus ones aren't bad looking. And really, as long as they don't shake or fall it will be a massive improvement to my effectively nonexistent mirrors now. Those other ones, I'm not too sure.

Also, although I think my doors have already been drilled for my current mirrors, I'd prefer not to have to modify them anymore for them. Does anyone have the flush mounts? Do they require anything crazy?

Do you have to chop up/drill anything on the body/door?

There's a plate that gets riveted to the window frame and screwed to the chrome strip along the top of the door. The mirror gets attached to that plate. So, you have to drill three holes in the window frame and two holes in the chrome strip. No holes in the sheet metal of the door though.

Nigel

The bullet type mirrors looks good on them, they were very popular back in the day .I have them on my Z, visibility is a tad off. Look at the flag type ones that were use on the British Z, they are still available in MG and classic Mini catalogs. FWIW.

The bullet type mirrors looks good on them, they were very popular back in the day .I have them on my Z, visibility is a tad off. Look at the flag type ones that were use on the British Z, they are still available in MG and classic Mini catalogs. FWIW.

Edited by PLATA

I've had a set of those on my car for about 18 years now.  They are a mid/late 80's Sentra mirror with the special metal plate.  I put together a dog and the part number for the mirrors long ago. Still think I have it out in the garage somewhere because i saw it a couple months ago.

BTW - I really like mine.  :D

I have Vitaloni Californias with the convex lenses. While these look close to the original 280 mirrors, they have about the same size small lens as the 280 mirror did. The convex helps widen out the view some, but it's still small compared to mirrors on modern cars. That's where the problem lies. For a mirror to fit the car proportionally, it will have a small lens. The ones with a larger lens that have a good field of view don't fit the looks of the car. So basically your choice is a good looking mirror with a not very good view or a goofy looking mirror with a good view.

Edited by socorob

I have a set of the flush mounts ( MSA I believe ) that fit in the corners. The only extra mounting points are two rivets if remember correctly. There in a box and never been mounted. ^^^^

I have this style but they are Nissan OEM. Much better quality. They have 4 rivet points on each mirror. Going to install in next couple of weeks. I like the way they look and good visibility. Edited by drdiabetezx66x