HybridZ

I need some help with my flares

TheSoggy

I did a terrible job of getting my rear flares on. I'm an idiot I know. I'm just looking for some possible solutions now. You can see the body of the car between the flare and wheel well. I've thought about just getting JPN garage's new rear flares to cover up the damage. Any other ideas are welcome.

post-36290-0-58386800-1426898079_thumb.jpg

post-36290-0-22788200-1426898087_thumb.jpg

get some better quality flares and you should be good. It just looks odd because of the flares you are running. They are missing alot of the flange area (that i see alot of american-made flares are missing) and also possibly trimmed/cut shorter due to being copies of copies of copies etc.  I recommend spending the cash towards marugen shoukai zg flares straight from japan.. I can seriously eyeball a car with good japanese flares, and american-made flares (its like a night and day difference if you really pay attention to detail lol). 

Thanks for all the replies guys I appreciate it. I'm going to start saving up for some better flares. I would like to move the bottoms of the flares but there's already a nutsert in the body.

I've moved my flares around quite a lot over the few years they've been on. First mounted with screws, then nutserts. When one nutsert hole failed/ovalized, I cut out a square, patched it, and reinserted it (I eventually ended up welding 'em in). 

I have been stuck on this section of my son's build for a while now. I've got about an inch gap between the inner and outer fenders from cutting. I used riv-nuts (damned things spin around - about half grab enough to stay stationary) and screwed up by getting a similar look to your set up. Almost exactly; we hated the uneven gap over the top. Not wanting to raise the rear ride height, but keeping it set on the mid range spring adjustment on our coilovers, we elected to CUT MORE FENDER - my son wincing and saying "daaad, are you sure we should....". After the cut, and drilling new, slightly higher, riv-nut locations for our JDM flares, our result was:post-44185-0-29512800-1427982445_thumb.jpgpost-44185-0-73276200-1427982464_thumb.jpgpost-44185-0-97534200-1427982566_thumb.jpg

Well, I thought we had a picture with the flares on -- will post when we get her all welded back up. Bottom line: we adjusted and readjusted; moving the flare more forward, or down in front so the end on the rear was higher than the front -- same angle as the bottoms of the wheel wells themselves, if you follow. We liked this look better. My son kept accusing me of using the front flares on the rear -- and he had me doubting, because they are slightly different... The 16" x 10" rear set up sits nice and stout.

Any thoughts or thread suggestions / pics on filling this gap?:post-44185-0-92946200-1427982949_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...