HybridZ

280zx Turbo Full Ignition Advance

r v

I have a 1982 280zx turbo and in my service manual, it states the ignition timing should be set at 20 + or - 3 degrees btdc. I was reading a service manual for an 1983 280zx, and this one says the timing should be set at 24 + or - 3 degrees btdc.

The question I have is this: does the 1983 turbo car have the same total advance, or is it four degrees higher than my 1982 car?

So you're really asking how much advance the ECCS adds, for 82 vs. 83.  I've wondered myself about the timing curves with the computer controlled cars.  The descriptions in the FSM are vague, even for later model Nissans.  No numbers provided.

So you're really asking how much advance the ECCS adds, for 82 vs. 83.  I've wondered myself about the timing curves with the computer controlled cars.  The descriptions in the FSM are vague, even for later model Nissans.  No numbers provided.

Yes exactly!

It would be nice to know the differences in the 1983's timing curve and compare it to my car.