HybridZ

McPherson Strutt Comparison (KYB, Gabriel, Monroe)

Hi guys,

I'm starting to look into suitable strut cartridges to lower my S130.  Neither the VW Rabbit or MR2 strutts are available locally so I've gone through the entire Gabriel Catalogue and compiled a table of all the cars that use a similar cartridge.  Unfortunately the catalogue doesn't provide compressed and extended lengths, or the lengths of the cartridge bodies.

I'm posting the data up here in the hope that someone who has access to the actual parts or a better catalogue or one of the other cross-referenced part number catalogues can perhaps provide lengths.  Perhaps there is a bigger range of suitable cartidge bodies available to us.  This info may be usefull to the community.

All I have is a physical measurement of the 44602 cartridge body which is around 14.17inch long.

strutts.png

Excel version available to anyone who wants it emailed.

Edited by Doc_S130

Can't figure out what, exactly, you're looking for.

Looking to get all the compressed and extended lengths of the various shock options listed in the table.    These are all the "right" type of shock insert for our strutt housings.   Knowing this info will make it easy for everyone to select the best suited insert for their level of lowering, wheel size etc.