HybridZ

Headlights and now gauges?

skerry

Alright, so I've been battling a headlight issue for a couple weeks and I added another layer to it today. The headlights have been working sporatically so I thought I had a problem in my switch and planned to replace it. But I decided this weekend to install my new speedhut gauges. I removed the dash to make it easier, wired up the gauges. I ran a power wire to the fuse box(this is an aftermarket fuse box, not the original). I hook everything back up and it works perfectly, not only that but the headlights are back on. Then 5 minutes later...everything just stops. The gauges aren't getting power anymore and the headlights are gone. As a side note, everything else works. The brake lights, turn signals, even the running lights and the tail lights come on when I flip on the headlights. Just the headlights and the gauges aren't responding. I feel like maybe this isn't the switch now and it may be something easy. When I turn the switch for the headlights, there is a clicking in what looks like the original relay under the glove compartment. Fuses are all good. I feel like this might be something simple I'm overlooking. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Stephen