#1 Swami

Swami

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNear: Sacramento, California, United States

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

Made this quick video of the exhaust sound before/after installing a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator. For anyone else considering the Ultra Quiet, here is a sample of what you can expect:

It's worth mentioning that this resonator (part#1141)  has a 4" tall x 6" wide oval body, so it would have hung pretty low, if it had simply been welded in-line on the 2.5" MSA performance exhaust system. A new front section was fabricated, with a moderate arch to it, in order to keep that thing way off the ground. There is about 1/2" of clearance between the resonator and driveline. Unfortunately, this thing would need to be removed if you had to service your driveline. I believe you can still drop a driveline without moving the straight pipe from MSA, but i could be mistaken. Drone has been significantly reduced in the cabin, to the point that you can have a conversation without yelling. But when you mash on the gas, it's still punchy as hell. It just feels like it's punchy with boxing gloves on now, instead of bare knuckles. =)

resonator-1024x576.jpgIt's not a tapered bullet shape either, so it's extra important to tuck it way up in there. I'd hate to see what kind of carnage would ensure, if it snagged on something.  

Datsun art, apparel, and videos. Made with love. Posted regularly. 

***DATSUNCRUSH.COM**

instagram.com/datsuncrush - facebook.com/datsuncrush - youtube.com/datsuncrush

#2 RPMS

RPMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

Man, that made one hell of a difference, didn't it?  Sounds more European and less boy racer to my ears. 

Scott Ferguson
1973 240 (I-6), 1973 240 (I-6), 1976 280 (I-6)  260-Z (V-8), 1973 240 (I-6)
"Why be politically correct when you can be right?"

#3 CRAracer05

CRAracer05

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:19 AM

That sounds really good, there is no rasp at all. It kind of reminds of a 350z exhaust tone.

1976 280Z - N42/N42, flap top pistons, Weber 45 DCOE, 280zx 5-speed, ZG flares, Z432 Spoiler, build in progress, rest to be determined.

#4 Snailed

Snailed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:27 AM

Sounds much nicer now. If you are just using the O2 to plug the hole you may have killed it. They don't like being in the exhaust without being powered.

My 1JZ-GTE '71 240Z Build Thread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resonator, exhaust sound, before/after, vibrant, magnaflow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users