HybridZ

Recommended Seibon Hood Seller

ktm

I've decided that I'll install a Seibon carbon fiber hood on my car now that I am finishing up the body work.  To those of you who purchased one, which reseller did you use?  One Was it a non-Ebay vendor or did you purchase one from Ebay?  I am looking for a "reputable" reseller.  There is one in Covina which is 15 minutes from my house that I am considering, but would like input from those of you who purchased one on-line already.

Thanks,

Bo

I was considering buying a seibon hood before I fell in love with a 280zone's Fiberglass SS style hood (A beautiful piece I might add). I called up seibon directly to get a quote as they dont list it directly on their site. I had some questions concerning how I should prep their hood for a lacquer topcoat. Their body guy had no idea what I was talking about. I wasn't after a Carbon hood to begin with and their lack of expertise steered me away. I was in need of a replacement hood and I couldn't find a decent steel one. Zcarsource offers the seibon hood as well. Thats my 2 cents.

11076160_663400343769616_99803999485358911081047_667811009995216_880411477879586

No one here was able to help him out?

Anyways , i would suggest going straight to the source since you are in socal (since they are in City of Industry), see if you can arrange a pick up. that gives you a chance to interact with them directly. If any issues with the hood come up, you shhould be able to contact them easily.

I don't believe it really matters what dealer you go through to purchase this. It will be the same product from any dealer you get it from. No one is likely to have it in stock either since these days most shops don't stock items such as this.

As far as asking them how to prep the hood for lacquer I don't believe they will really be able to tell you as their products are sold as ready to use out of the box, and are not actually manufactured here in the states by anyone who you are speaking to over there.

I can recommend you to many different dealers if you would like as I am one of their Warehouse Distributors. Just let me know what area you are in.

• 1 year later...

Noting that this thread is over a year old, do any of you know a dealer, distributor, reputable Z fanatic in the Chicago area? Or one who ships to the Chicago area. I live in the suburbs of Chicago (Plainfield to be exact)  and have had quite a bit of trouble finding one. My biggest worry is I'm gonna end up spending way too much on a hood for it to be shipped cross country and someone is gonna run off with my money via a paypal scam.

Thanks for the help!

If this is considered thread jacking or isn't allowed feel free to delete just give me a heads up :D

Noting that this thread is over a year old, do any of you know a dealer, distributor, reputable Z fanatic in the Chicago area? Or one who ships to the Chicago area. I live in the suburbs of Chicago (Plainfield to be exact)  and have had quite a bit of trouble finding one. My biggest worry is I'm gonna end up spending way too much on a hood for it to be shipped cross country and someone is gonna run off with my money via a paypal scam.

Thanks for the help!

If this is considered thread jacking or isn't allowed feel free to delete just give me a heads up :D

You can always call Seibon directly to order it if you are worried about purchasing it from someone online.