HybridZ

Star Road Front spoiler

McGruber21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL. I go there when I have time, the guys are cool. And RS START as well. But know that the transit cost from Tokyo is not cheap and it takes a while. RS START is like an hour and a half to get there by train and foot. StarRoad is over two hours to get there.

Next trip is in July... know that these sorts of shops don't always have the parts in stock, they have to be made and there is a wait. Also, luggage of that size requires oversize charge, so there has to be money involved. I just ordered a piece for a Buell, a carbon fiber half front nose and it's a 45 day lead time. I tried to get some Ohlins from RS START last trip and their lead time is 6 months for those things!

Here is from my last stop at RS START below, they had their shop GTR outside. I had to get one of their strut tower bars for my Z.

10509601_10203997411716061_2049061372661

10514698_10203997450717036_4058081611114

Buying custom body parts from Japan is a difficult and expensive process. Shipping alone is a $ killer, oversize parcels are in another world cost wise. It's all very well to want something, the question is will you pay what it costs?

Buying custom body parts from Japan is a difficult and expensive process. Shipping alone is a $ killer, oversize parcels are in another world cost wise. It's all very well to want something, the question is will you pay what it costs?

Yup. I brought back some race tires for a Honda Grom before in my luggage. That was an interesting experience going through customs.

• 7 years later...
  • 6 months later...