HybridZ

MS3X assembly questions

davek

Several questions as I am a nube at electronics.

Using MS3X/v3 hardware manual to assembly

1) Step13. Not using coil-ve as a trigger input instead install C30 in H1/boot.

I'm using L28ET distributor with DIY trigger disc. If the above instruction good for me? Does the C30 spot stay empty?

2) Step28 Did not install Q16 as I am full sequential with Toyota logic coils. Is this correct not installing Q16.

3) Step 26 line 4 I installed the DIY Tip120 mod kit to control my Ford 2 wire PWM. Installed per DIY at Q4 and jumped R39.. Is this OK.

I know I can use the MS daughter card to control my PWN valve but I did it this way. Want to varify I don't need to do anything else.

4) Do I install JP7 using the L28ET & DIY trigger wheel.

at One point I read to assembly as using VR trigger but I assume the distributor is optical. It's not real clear for someone not knowing the terminology.

hoping Matt can chime in here. or anyone with much more knowledge than I.

One other comment. While testing the tach fine signal on the Jimstim I get a solid LED then start to blink extremely fast the back to solid. I mean so fast it's almost solid. Testing the primary POD I get no LED. Testing voltage at CPU socket all passes.

While hooked to TunerStudio I get no tach signal and say "not tach synced" Other signals are OK. TPS, O2, CLT

Should I move on to the car or resolve the Jim Stim, TunerStudio tach thing first?

cheers

Dave

Edited by davek

Several questions as I am a nube at electronics.

Using MS3X/v3 hardware manual to assembly

1) Step13. Not using coil-ve as a trigger input instead install C30 in H1/boot.

I'm using L28ET distributor with DIY trigger disc. If the above instruction good for me? Does the C30 spot stay empty?

Yes.

2) Step28 Did not install Q16 as I am full sequential with Toyota logic coils. Is this correct not installing Q16.

Toyota logic level coils do not require Q16.

3) Step 26 line 4 I installed the DIY Tip120 mod kit to control my Ford 2 wire PWM. Installed per DIY at Q4 and jumped R39.. Is this OK.

That is OK, but using the MS3X IAC output would have been less hassle. :)

4) Do I install JP7 using the L28ET & DIY trigger wheel.

Yes.

at One point I read to assembly as using VR trigger but I assume the distributor is optical. It's not real clear for someone not knowing the terminology.

hoping Matt can chime in here. or anyone with much more knowledge than I.

I would use the VR input. It's a good all purpose RPM input (except for triggering off the coil, which you're not doing).