HybridZ

Help replacing roof skin

I'm going to get rid of the sunroof in my project car. I have a roof I bought on eBay a while back, and I have a spare that I got with a parts car that I just bought.

I am planning on going the route of using a spotweld cutter to remove the spotwelds on the roof and replacing the whole skin.

Through doing some reading, I have seen a few approaches to this, and wanted to run it by everyone to see if this is the best way. I haven't started yet, so let me know if any of this is un-doable, or going to be unnecessarily difficult. 

Donor roof: Make pilot holes through the spotwelds from the top; cut the spotwelds off from the underside. This results in a smaller hole in the donor roof and less filling.

Removing roof on project car: Use grinder to carefully cut away spotwelds to minimize chance of going too deep with the spotweld cutter.

I am assuming that there are spotwelds across the front and back of the roof (windshield/hatch) as well, and it's not leaded in there?

If so, then I just need to remove all the spotwelds around the roof, heat up the seams on the A and B pillars to melt the lead and it will come off? How is the roof molded into the drip rails? Is there anything special I'll need to do there, after getting the spotwelds removed, to remove the skin?

Thanks for any help, I just want to make sure I have a clear understanding of what I need to do before I start digging in.

So, it looks like there are spot welds all the way around it, but it looks like the roof bends underneath up front, and the spot welds are on the underside?

Seems like you went with removing the spot welds from the donor skin from underneath as well...