HybridZ

New wheels. I was wondering what kind of spacers i would need.

I just ordered a new set of wheels for my 75 280z they are 17x9 with +20mm offset, i was wondering what kind of spacers i would need. i was thinking one inch spacers for the rear but i cant figure out what to do with the front. I also heard there was a hub bore size difference between the front and the rear. 

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
vague title

Spacers will probably correct the hub bore because they're going to be so large. If you're on stock suspension then you need at least 4.5" of backspace. you wheels are 10" wide lip to lip, and at +20 that leaves you with more at about 6.25" of backspace. So it'll be more like a 1.5" spacer

Why did you buy these wheels? 

Spacers will probably correct the hub bore because they're going to be so large. If you're on stock suspension then you need at least 4.5" of backspace. you wheels are 10" wide lip to lip, and at +20 that leaves you with more at about 6.25" of backspace. So it'll be more like a 1.5" spacer

Why did you buy these wheels? 

I don't quite understand what you're saying,  why would I need 1.5" spacer instead of a 1"?

I'll soon be in the same boat with my 17x8 +22 wheels.

What is your suspension setup? If you're on stock sized springs you'll run into clearance issues on the front spring perch with a +20. You need around a +0 in a x9 (I think) to clear the spring perch. So a 1" spacer should do the trick.

I mocked up my x8's and with a +22 they JUST cleared the stock suspension setup; way closer than you'd ever want to run because they had a piece of paper width between the lip and the strut tube. And you couldn't mount a tire on it because of the spring perch. So I'll be running 1" or 1.5" spacers with my setup. You can reverse calculate from there I'm sure.

Thing to watch out for on the front is the hub bore. Its 73mm. Most wheel spacers are 66mm. Just make sure you get a spacer with at least a 73mm centerbore. I think the largest I've seen them with before was 78mm and 81mm. 

Edited by R3VO 3VOM

I'll soon be in the same boat with my 17x8 +22 wheels.

What is your suspension setup? If you're on stock sized springs you'll run into clearance issues on the front spring perch with a +20. You need around a +0 in a x9 (I think) to clear the spring perch. So a 1" spacer should do the trick.

I mocked up my x8's and with a +22 they JUST cleared the stock suspension setup; way closer than you'd ever want to run because they had a piece of paper width between the lip and the strut tube. And you couldn't mount a tire on it because of the spring perch. So I'll be running 1" or 1.5" spacers with my setup. You can reverse calculate from there I'm sure.

Thing to watch out for on the front is the hub bore. Its 73mm. Most wheel spacers are 66mm. Just make sure you get a spacer with at least a 73mm centerbore. I think the largest I've seen them with before was 78mm and 81mm. 

Thanks for clearing things I think I'll go with 1.5" spacers all around 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...