HybridZ

ECU only functions properly when connectors are cleaned

Back Story: Car randomly started to lean out 16-20 Afr under (attempted) acceleration.  76 body w/ Stock 81 L28ET

This morning I picked up some QD Electric Cleaner and sprayed all the connectors on the ecu harness. The results were instant and incredible. I drove the car around the neighbor hood and to get gas. Now pay attention to this next part: I turn off the car to fill my tank, and turn the car back on and go directly home.  A storm then passed over and afterwards the car started to lean out the exact same way as before. I thought the ECU got some water in it so I took it out, opened it up, and let it sit inside for about an hour and a half to dry. The ECU the goes back in the car but nothing different happens. I then use the QD again and it runs just fine. I turn it off and let it sit for about ten minutes then get back in and its leaning out again. More contact cleaner goes on and it works. So now I can only get it to work by spraying the connection.

In Summary: car ran great and was able to turn off and back on once while keeping performance. The rest of the time the ECU connectors must be cleaned if I want to go anywhere. 

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is making the car run but only for one time?