HybridZ

Atomic EFI

Datsun#1

Hey,

So I understand I can just go with SDS or megasquirt.I already have a ported AZC 4 barrel manifold.I have been lookibg at the Atomic EFI from MSD. Self tuning,flows 900cfm.which I like due to the fact it will let the engine pull in its max cfm with ease.has annular style fuel boosters for maximum throttle responce and is good for hookin up to msd 6al box to control ignition all hands free....has anyone done this? Its good from 200hp-650hp engines.

Digital MSD 6A if you want to control timing (and need the appropriate locked out distributor...)

Someone is in the process of doing it. My bud just bought one yesterday for his 64 Elko.

It's not different, really....it's been done by lots of people since the 80's. First with chipped GM ECU's, later with the analog fuel controllers, and then more sophisticated ECU's.

I have a 72 240Z that has had a four barrel TBI system on it since 1991.

Michael Wales I believe is doing this exact same setup for the same reasons. He would be the one to ask once he gets it sorted.

Your reasons that you list can be achieved by any modern system you mention SDS, megasquirt, etc. Acceleration enrichment, auto tune, and ignition control. The intake is usually not the air restriction as it is the head I believe that has poor flow. So other then the reason for being uniqueish as in Atomic EFI on TBI on a Z, not TBI on a Z which as tony states has been around for a long while, there is no huge benefit to running this especially once costs are factored in. 

I've wanted to do this for a year or so now, maybe even run some boost! Many companys are making these self learning TBI and MPI setups, Holley, Edelbrock, MSD, and Fast to name a few. I think the biggest plus to a self learning system like the Atomic EFI and the many others that are out there is that I don't have to pay anyone to tune it or try and figure it out my self!

Would love to see some builds!