HybridZ

Making working on cars illegal

mutantZ

Also, check your local county laws for working on car in your home garage.  My neighbor threatened to file a complaint because I was building a car in my garage and was making too much noise.  I checked my county laws about noise and found out that not only can you be cited for noise but it was also illegal for anyone to perform "auto shop" work in a home garage. The law stipulated that the only allowed car maintenance is washing, cleaning, tire change or similar basic car related activities.  I believe the laws are designed to prevent people from starting business in their garage.  On the noise issue, the decision to cite someone is based on the complainer's subjective level of annoyance. 

California periodically threatens to get all old cars off the roads. There was a HybridZ thread on this issue a few years ago.

On another topic, with the water situation in California we now have water Nazis who patrol the neighborhood leaving notes threatening to turn in water wasters.  So I now wash my Z in the backyard away from prying eyes. The grass seems to like the water too.

Edited by Miles