HybridZ

F54 E88 combo help

LittleredZ

So I made a two for one deal on two 240z's the first one has the stock motor which appears to have been rebuilt due to the amount of assembly line and newer parts on it and turns over by hand. Today I picked up the donor 1973 240 Z and looked it over in the garage. To my surprise the stamp on the block said F54. This makes me happy because I was debating going this route just saw that these blocks are hard to find. My first Z has a e88 head and from what I read this is a good combo to have. Both these cars have been sitting for 10-20 years. The f54 is not turning over. Is there any tips anyone have to help get her moving? I know oil down the cylinders but anything else work better? I really hope to get her moving.

• 2 weeks later...

Well is it an f54 with flattops or dished pistons. And to get it moving, just oil it for about 3-4 days, then use a 3ft breaker bar on the crank. 

That combo will be about 10:1 comp which is good paired with a decent cam. What are you using for induction? EFI or carbs? I had that combo with a set of triple webers and a stage 3 cam from MSA. Ran awesome and sounded freaking mean. 

BluDestiny it's a flattop f54. I want to do efi for induction but I see it can be a little pricey. And not sure what cam I am going to use. I want the car to be a fun weekend warrior and maybe some track time here and there. So far I have had oil sitting in the cylinders for a week and a half and still can't get her to move. I saw someone recommended mixture of diesel, atf and little bit of oil. So I am going to try that tonight and let it soak. I really want to save this block.

• 7 months later...

I hope you can break it lose. I have a F54 in my possession with dished Pistons that's been sitting for 3 years without an oil pan or head that I can still hand rotate. I've heard of using ATF and Diesel fuel as well. Or oven cleaner if you want to get old school. Hopefully rings aren't too badly seized