HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Still $20 less than mine! My experience withDSS was sub-optimal. But I would still use them for sure. I just found that if I asked the sales/tech rep I was assigned any questions, he wasn't any help and the sale bogged down for days/weeks. However, if I did my own research separate from him then told him what I wanted, he was quick to satisfy. Maybe it was his first week on the job. Everybody has to learn, and now I'm better prepared for my next purchase. My driveshaft was a perfect fit when it arrived. The finish was not as nice as I expected. But most guys spend less time UNDER their car that I do!

Well so far, I am feeling the same way.  I mean I had a GREAT idea what I am looking for but any question I asked get vaguely answered and really they should have a spec sheet they ask questions off of...i.e. top speed, tire size, weight of car, hp/tq goals, shaft length, diff flange size, etc.  I've told the guy 3 times in the email just to call me so I can get it ordered....just email responses.  haha

• 2 weeks later...

I got my diff back from its rebuild..... Wow what a difference. It's so quite and hooks up amazing out if turns. I notice a slight difference between the 3:70 and 3:90 gears but since I haven't had a season to track the car yet it should not take a lot to get use to....

Merry christmas

• 2 weeks later...

I've had quite a few contacts regarding what will work with the cxr LT's...... Obviously the cx motor mounts work... I believe the dirty dingo will work as well but there is no confirmed install of this that I'm aware of...... I don't think jci or hawks will work, just mu 02. Any trans mount should work with the cxr LT's but will require some extra cut and weld to fit right, like most of these swaps. I have been very happy with my outcome using all cxr stuff minus Y pipe back as I wanted to use my own muffler and the location of my fuel cell would have fouled against the cxr piping. First winter (good to live in Cali) pre race for autoX is late January. Hope to have some video and 9/10th's impressions for you all then. Jim

Jayem... I can't tell from the shot, sorry.  My mounts did just clear my alternator though without any modification.  "second hole from the back" referenced from the back of the motor toward the firewall.  hope that helps.

Miata. I used a 3 core aluminum champion radiator for a 240Z.....

The hoses had to be cut but fit like factory all in all.  very happy.  BTW I didn't splice the hose for the steam vent, I tapped the water pump..