HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Get your favorite bottle of whatever relaxes you.  Lay down close your eyes think of nothing, empty you thoughts as much as possible.  

Then in the first sliver of conscientiousness what color is your dream car?  Don't over think it.  JMHO.  PS we have this problem with lots of guys and the FFR color choice.  LOL.  

Ok, after all the years of owning Z's, this one in new to me..... I have an occasional very hard break pedal that I have to really push on to slow my car down.   With my foot on the pedal and revving on the engine the pedal rises a bit....... Do you think my booster is going bad or the vacuum check valve?  I have a race on the 15th so I'd like to get this resolved... Thanks Jim  

Assuming your master cyl is  an upgraded one based on all the other mods you have. You probably are confident that's not the problem...I'd say start with the check valve (easier fix) then there isn't many other options than the booster....when my booster went, it was after sitting all winter and the first time I got in it the pedal just fell to the floor and I ended up with brake fluid In the booster ...good lock, let us know what you find.hope this helps, I didn't see anyone else chiming in so figured I'd give you some kind of input

Hey Jim, I think the gray would look really great... another blue color you may like is a 2002 year  bmw color  Laguna Seca blue. It may be worth taking a look at?  I painted my motorcycle this blue.  Your build has given me so much inspiration for my build! Thanks

F07829B8-2EBC-49D0-9AF3-AB1C750648AB.jpeg

8B430710-B9C4-4B98-913D-C09E1CDFC6B8.jpeg

Edited by Suchfun240z

Well the new booster is in..... can’t  believe how well the old girl stops now. I believe the old booster has been failing slowly for awhile and I just grew accustom to weaker brakes over time.  The only modification i had to make was to drill and tap the clevis.   The new booster had the 10x1.25 push rod and the old was and 8.  I can’t tell you what a braking difference the new booster has made.  My wilwoods have come alive, but my back is damn old to get under that dash to many times. Lol 😂 .  Jim 

Edited by trackzpeed

On 4/28/2018 at 7:05 PM, trackzpeed said:

Well the new booster is in..... can’t  believe how well the old girl stops now. I believe the old booster has been failing slowly for awhile and I just grew accustom to weaker brakes over time.  The only modification i had to make was to drill and tap the clevis.   The new booster had the 10x1.25 push rod and the old was and 8.  I can’t tell you what a braking difference the new booster has made.  My wilwoods have come alive, but my back is damn old to get under that dash to many times. Lol 😂 .  Jim 

Nice! What booster did you order? Stock replacement? 

Parts suppliers don’t necessarily understand the difference between early and late model 240Z’s.  The late model had larger diameter push rod than earlier.  Easy fix all in all.  Like most parts for 45+ year old cars.... they need to be modified a bit to work. HTH Jim