HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

I did my homework.... and I liked the way it was engineered, price was right for a "complete" kit, and install was straight forward.  Hoke's kit is super nice but I didn't want to wait for it to be completed..... and it may be pricey.    All in all I just made the decision and pulled the trigger.  The Hybrid community made the job pretty easy IMO. 

Well, I splurged a little today and pick up the new version rear spoiler from BRE.... designed by Peter Brock himself.  New brake pads on the way as well.  Pads will have to do (should hold up ok for AutoX) until I can spring for the willwoods.  Pics to follow the intall.  Jim

From my experience-take those HPS back and get your money back. Worse pads than bottom shelf AutoZone. They are made to last a long time (the S is for street) or (shit). They had ZERO bite on my car and I couldn't freakin' stop. Get one of Hawks race pads. Porterfield R4 or R4S stop well, but are VERY dusty. Especially the R4.

Put the car back in primer after some recent body work..... primer is fun to play with, this in the new paint scheme I'm toying with.  Also included a shot of the center cap up front.... they wont fit unless you modify them a bit with a hole saw.  Not perfect but still cleaner than nothing at all.. Jim

post-38304-0-45918200-1459772242_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-08286900-1459772292_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-33528400-1459772300_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-32691000-1459772315_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-78212500-1459772323_thumb.jpg

From my experience-take those HPS back and get your money back. Worse pads than bottom shelf AutoZone. They are made to last a long time (the S is for street) or (shit). They had ZERO bite on my car and I couldn't freakin' stop. Get one of Hawks race pads. Porterfield R4 or R4S stop well, but are VERY dusty. Especially the R4.

Very helpful post Keith!  I will proceed as indicated.

Jim, that car is looking fantastic!  Keep the updates coming.  

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the AutoX races with my daughter and her kart...... finished 2nd in my class and I only made one run.  Lost the fuel pump when it starved a bit then burned up, bummer.  I'm now on my third pump (on the way), and going to drop it down 2 inches to take advantage of the gravity flow.  Kinda sucks..... if I did it again I'd find a way to go internal pump in tank where the fuel can keep her cool.  Updates to follow. 

Oh yea, My daugther took second too but she ran against 7 cars in the novice class since no other karts showed that day.  She is only 12 but eyeballing the Z every race, we may have to share in a few years LOL. 

post-38304-0-06429500-1461106295_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a special thank you to Edan at Silvermine motors..... I ordered up the front and rear Wilwood brake upgrade and conversion kit for the 240Z.  It was time to get a little more woe for my go lol. I will post install and competed pics once it's done.  Jim

Wilwoods are on the bench.... thanks Edan at silvermine for the fast delivery.   Hope to start the install this weekend and be ready for May AutoX.  Stock brakes were ok at best for street driving but no way would I trust them at 7/10 driving let alone 10/10.  The LSZ is just so dang quick and carries so much speed with much bigger wheels and tires it really needs the upgrade to be both safe and maximize the performance.  Updates and pics to follow.. Jim

Ok this may be a dumb question..... The reservoirs and outlets to the front and rear brakes lines are opposite front to rear on my new 15/16 MC..... do I need to re-plumb the lines to the corresponding F & R or can I just swap the reservoirs???? It's all doable but re-plumbing the lines is a bigger hassle. Just not sure if the internals of the MC or valved specific front to rear for pressure. I've got the push rod length already squared away. Thanks. Jim.

Thank you for documenting your progress Trackzpeed!  You've don't a lot a really great work--its truly inspirational.  I will be transplanting in LS1/T56 from a 98' Z28 into my 240z.  After going through your posts, I plan to use the CX racing mounts/Headers/Ypipe just like your install.

Cheers!  :cheers:

Shawn

You're welcome Shawn. Good luck with your build.

Wilwood brakes mostly on...... The rears were a perfect fit, I needed to shim the fronts a little. Tweaked a break line getting inpatient on the new MC but got it straightened out and working well. Just need to fill up the reservoirs and bleed. Silvermines customer service ifor support s top notch, I recomend them highly. Post some pics soon. Jim