HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Installed the front strut tower brace with triangulated add on....... This thing is really nice and super stout! I've heard all of the arguments regarding the effectiveness of a brace like this..... I garantee this is offering significant support to the chassis. Big thank you to techno toy tunning! I have a race this Sunday so no time to swap in the camber mounts but I will provide feedback on the bar alone. Hope to have the camber in by next race. post-38304-0-46884500-1469239467_thumb.jpgpost-38304-0-37166600-1469239479_thumb.jpg

There has been some chatter about how high the CX Racing mounts place the motor...... This bar is meant for a Z with the straight six but I have tons of clearance...... Based on this, the CXR LS1 most likely sits lower than stock, yet my F-body pan in mostly protected by the X-member. Just my .02 observation. Jim

Edited by trackzpeed

AuotX went well. Turn in was quicker with strut brace set up, and general steering response was improved as well. Chasis felt much stiffer from the drivers seat. The khumo V720's work great however I can't keep pace with the Hoosier A7 guys on track.... Go figure. I believe (had to leave early, daughter called from home sick) I finished 2nd in class (bested by a lotus 7 running a supercharged Buick V6) but outran a 5.0 Rx7, and a factory five turbo subie 818 (all of them full race cars)..... A good performane comparison of an LSZ was my buddies C6 vette. He runs coilovers and Hoosier A comps on a well prepped bolt on engine modded car and beat me by 2 tenths. I know I can get faster with more seat time in this set-up as this was my first autoX as the car sits now. I'll to post some video soon ... Jim

Ps. New water pump kept her cool....106 degrees outside and running hard.

If autocross was easy everyone would do it in 106 degrees.  Dry heat or not, a helmet and 106 is an Flippin OVEN SET ON HIGH.  Nice job, car sounds and looks good!.  I have been watching and learning from all 18 pages of this thread.  Progress here is slow here but steady.  R

Pillow ball camber feedback..... It's a no go for my car. I wasn't happy with the set up with stock spring perches... It just wasn't right for me, so I'm sending those back.. TTT has great customer service and is cool with return. Since I have a credit with TTT I'm going to pick up the rear strut tower brace and C pillar chassis brace... Pics and reviews to follow. Jim

Well....... All that hard work adds up to a pile of parts when you get rear ended at a dead stop on the highway from some chick with no insurance. I have coverage but the car is pretty bad. Centered punched in the rear. Not sure it can be fixed. My neck is killing me and I'm really bummed out. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.... Need to have a shop assess the carnage. Maybe version 2.0 or maybe I just throw in the towel. I tell my patients regularly that "every day above ground is a good day and if this is the biggest problem you have in life you're going to be ok"..... Time to heed my own words of wisdom. I'll keep you guys updated. Jim

Son of a B!%CH!!!  Man I am happy to hear that you are ok.  Having a close call in my life makes me view life just as you stat.  Being able to wake up every morning is enough to make me appreciate life's ups and downs.  

As for the car, I haven't heard of many Z's that make it alive out of an accident.  Do you have basic coverage or a collector car insurance policy?  You've put so much work in to that car, it would be nice to recoup more than just the parts costs.  

Thanks guys. Tried to go to work today but couldn't hang..... I know I will be ok, just banged up right now. As for the car, I sent my buddy who owns a body shop some pics and he thinks we can bring her back to life...... I've become kind of attached to this car so if I can, and it makes sense with respect to time and money, I'll put it back together. As always, when things are torn down and in pieces, ill make changes and upgrades to make it better than before. All this may change once I get into it, but it's hurry up and wait for now until the insurance adjuster gives me their opinion.

So bummed for you, what a pain.  I know you want 'that' car, but being on the west coast craigslist has shells pop up all the time for reasonable money.  Parts cars etc.  Heck I almost bought one from out there (1800 miles one way) as I could not find anything without a ton of cancer here is salt land.  For sure get yourself better first, get the car back and make a decision.  Other than sore we are all glad you are OK.  Cars can be fixed, rebuilt etc.  Richard. Get together a ONE DAY REBUILD LOL.