HybridZ
trackzpeed

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

trackzpeed    5

CV axel vote??????. Driveshaft shop or wolfcreek racing. Love to hear your thoughts..... Troy Ermish at Ermish racing says his are not LS rated and recommended Driveshaft shop instead. I know stub axle arguments already...... Just need some real words use input on the CV axle conversions. The thanks. Jim

trackzpeed    5

Well, no opinions from the community but Dave from futofab contacted me and said they are working on a "beefier" set of the WCR axles specifically designed for higher powered Z's coming out in the next few weeks. Im running futofab stuff already (most recently their adjustable TCA's which are beautiful and stout) so I'm supper stoked for this product to come to market. I'll post updates when that happens. Jim

RebekahsZ    106

WCR axles retain the factory stub axles and you can't check the hidden nuts for loosening. I'm still a fan of 4-bolt Z31 axles for ease of servicing and durability. Unless the new WCR kit has CM or heat-treated billet splined axle stubs, you are still working with stock 40 year-old components.

I know you don't want to hear this but I went 930 CV with 4340 shafts on the 8.8 so everything but the 240Z outer stubs are 28 spline.  I have a set of 280 stubs for out there when I do the disc swap.  If it helps I have a set or two of half shafts I can send you if you need them to get on the road.  Richard. 

trackzpeed    5

Thanks Richard...... I have an extra set of half shafts as well, I'm just itching for the upgrade.  I'd love to see your 8.8 solutions.  Still waiting for your build log.  Your work on factory fives was impressive and this Z community would greatly benefit from your skills.  Jim

trackzpeed    5

I've been away out of country for a bit...... Next AutoX race is August 20 and I'll post some video of that when available. I pulled off the rear tail light surrounds and gave them a refurbishing. Finished in satin black with the aluminum beauty ring intact. Looks really nice with black bumpers and other black bits. I'll post some pics soon. Jim