HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

I have a rust-free 280z 75 here in Alabama.  The front frame rails are bent.  They have been straightened by a body shop and repaired to some degree.  The fenders fit and door gaps are fine, I bought this car for a landspeed build and its just not something I want to go 200mph in.  Consider this a rolling shell that you might need to fix the rails forward of the firewall.  I haven't listed it for sale, but it would only take a little push to get me there.  I paid $1500, but I'm open to an offer if you would come get it and put it to good use.

Thanks for the link.... There has been some speculation about that for some time.... I've always gone 73 or older to cover my bases. The other issue is parts..... There are quite a few of my 240Z parts that will not directly swap over to keep,rebuild costs down and the 280 is heavier. Again, thanks for the link, worst case is that I try to make a 280 work. Jim

The adjuster is really cool dude. He is a car nut and loves my Z...... He is "determined to get this fixed and not total out the car". I'm now just waiting for my insurance to approve of his recommendations. Thanks guys for your support. I'll keep the you updated. Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Well my car is still at the shop and no news or any work done to date..... As I suspected, the damage is worse than expected.  I'm not wild about starting over as the amount of work to make an LS swap "right" is a long process...... I've been tempted to pick up a couple of rollers at "decent" prices but they typically sell before I pull the trigger, again because I'm waiting on my car's outcome.   Not sure what to do......... opinions?  Thanks guys, Jim

At this point, there are still cars out there so I would wait a little while on the INS guys.  I know the wait is killing you, but there is not much you can do until they make a decision.  Did the INS company give you an idea what the over under is on total or not?  That would be the only out, take the totaled car and with cash in hand move on.  But as you said doing it all over again will be tough.  BUT as you well know the second time is much easier and faster.  Remember the 9 day coupe build we did on FFcars?  Of course that was more than our second time.  I would give the INS a deadline of some kind so they do not drag it out too long.  Just my opinion, good luck.  Richard. 

Sorry to hear about you car man, I have been busy working on mine and not logged on here for some time. Glad to hear you were not seriously hurt. Seeing this just reminded me to call Grundy and increase my coverage to what I have invested in the car. I guess you never know when something like this can happen to any of us. Good luck sir, hope you van get back on the road soon.