HybridZ
trackzpeed

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Well I got the slave done..... Minus the remote bleeder, argh! The one I bought from summit doesn't screw into the slave. I found one at speedway that will work so a day or returning, ordering, and waiting for now..... After this is done, I have some clean up then its time to swap the motor/trans into the Z. Should be in the Z by the end of August, with other projects pending that take precedence.

Motor and trans are in. Shifter come through the hole as advertised. I will post pics when I can on Monday.....

I was able to install with the passenger header bolted up, there is plenty of room to do the driver header after the fact... Install was a snap, I hand tightened the entire mount on to the block including what bolts into the cross member uprights. Lifted the back of the car onto ramps and the front on jack stands just high enough to allow the hoist legs to roll under the car. I pre installed the tranny mount as well minus the part that will drill through the tunnel. My car is a 72, it had threaded "wings"/tranny mounts and after I trimmed off a small tab on the trans housing it fit in place very easy without any extra cutting and ability to use the stock mounts. Really slick or lucky, I'm not sure. Once I had the tranny in the tunnel and the bolts threaded through the mount, the motor mounts were already lined up. All I had to do was slip the bolt through and bolt it down. I unloaded the motor from the hoist, let it all settle in place and bolted her all down. All that remains is the additional supports through the tunnel but I'm waiting on those until I know for sure the tailhousing and rear end are lined up. Felt good to get this far, feel like I'm in the home stretch now. Pics coming soon.

Great work.  I just put the LS1 back together for my build, broken valves (3) from the wreck, yes that hard a wreck.  Picking up the trans in the morning, bad repair job on the drain plug.  New LS7 clutch kit is on the way.  Have not started the Z car part of the project yet, I hope to get it on the rotisserie in the next couple of weeks to do rust repair and sub frame install.  Other projects and life get in the way for all of us.  Glad to hear the CXR stuff is working out.  I have NONE of the conversion stuff bought yet but the CXR stuff is still in the lead.  All the exhaust done is the major factor.  I plan to start a thread after labor day.  

Again nice work keep us updated.  Richard.    

With them there (as opposed to further back) most driveways and speed bumps should not be an issue.  I do not have any marks on my cross member but the exhaust has a few scrapes on my other car.  I know you have had initial remorse for the CXR kit do you still?  I am still leaning that way, I guess we will know more when you get it fired up and the exhaust is on.  Nice work, Richard. 

I need a little help/advise.... How do I hook up water temp to the stock Datsun Gauge???? I drilled and tapped the top of the water pump for the steam vent, and there is enough room to put the Datsun sending unit there as well, but im looking for a better/proven option.  Thanks, Jim

Edited by trackzpeed

I started with it dry as a bone and drilled a tiny pilot hole.... use compressed air with lg bit to keep chips out until just before I started to break through then pulled the axle grease method on the drill and tap to keep it clean.  going super hand slow with the drill helps alot as the housing peels off versus chips and is easy to manage.  I'm confident I kept her clean....

The sending unit threading is brilliant!  that will be up next.  I have not drilled out the tunnel mounts yet since I was waiting to get my driveline in to check for angulation.  It all looks pretty good so the mounts will be done this weekend as well.  Thanks for the water temp sender suggestion.  Jim

I bought both the water temp and oil temp brass adapters.. the oil will NOT work with normal oil pressure senders as the intake manifold is in the way. However the 12x1.25 brass adaptor for the water worked perfect for my gauges. I ended up using the aluminum bracket by the oil filter and drilling and tapping that for my oil pressure sender. Doing this tho... meant I had to dent my header as it was slightly in the way.