HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Hey thanks Richard.... The tranny mount is kinda tough, I wanted it in with drivline to check angulation before dirlling but that leaves very little space to mark and drill in the tunnel.  I used a dremmel for two small holes for markers then drilled them from the cab side.  It's very stout and not going anywhere.... I've been pretty happy with the this CXR product to date. 

a little low on cash right now...... thinking of diving into the camaro harness to try and make it work with a reflashed PCM.  the only bummer is my donor car was a 98 which is a little more of hassel to use that stuff.... any imput from the community would be welcome.  Thanks Jim

lt1swap.com for the wiring harness guide. 98 should be simpler wiring harness I'm pretty sure, and I think VATS on that can be bypassed by wiring instead of flashing it out. Just follow the diagram they put on there and then tie all blacks together to ground and all pinks together to 12v switched relay

Now for the "odds and ends" questions..... what is the plug/harness connection on the back of the intake for? and what does the giant diameter hose that comes off it go to, can I cap that? where is the best location to pull vacuum for the brake booster? (Driver side intake port?) Do I need all the hose (and believe there is a PCV wrapped in there) tucked in down the side of the passenger side intake?

post-38304-0-57370800-1444050947_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-69736100-1444050977_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-56502100-1444051011_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-60052500-1444051184_thumb.jpg

Edited by trackzpeed

I believe the rear port on the intake is for the booster.  The connection should be MAP, manifold absolute pressure, You will need PCV on the 98 engine the PCV is routed through the valve covers and that hose should go to filtered but not metered air and the one on the other side should go to the intake or vice versa.   NOT SURE about any of the above but LS! tech has been a big help.  I am pretty confident what I stated is correct but trust and verify.  Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing the pictures.  Richard. 

Edited by Richard Oben

Bucket list trip.  Let me get my last one into college next year and maybe we could do something in the spring of 2016 or 2017.  My car may be getting a cage in the spring of '16 and out of commission.  Would want to have our own little ZCON with a road course (Motorsport Ranch) and or a drag night.

Edited by RebekahsZ