#381 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

I picked up a 240 body...... Selling off complete doors, hatch, hatch glass, complete front fenders, hood, tail lights (complete), hood, front cross member...... Contact me if interested. I'm using the back end of the donor to fix my car. Thanks. Jim

#382 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

No progress to date...... This sucks worse with my lack of patience

#383 Richard Oben

Richard Oben

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

Just relax, winter is shorter with a cool project.  Heck mine is a pile of parts still.... Richard. 

#384 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Repairs underway. They are welding in the rear tail light panel..... And going to beef up and X member the rear framing while they are there to tolerate LS power..... 4 months and I'm getting ansty. I ended up buying a new husqvarna dirt bike to pass the time.... I hate doing nothing, and the weather is perfect for riding in Cali right now.

#385 Richard Oben

Richard Oben

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:26 AM

Any pics of the cutting the car in half and putting it back together?  That would be cool.  Richard. 

#386 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

Attached File  IMG_1248.JPG   108.18KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1249.JPG   147.49KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1250.JPG   92.72KB   0 downloads

#387 Richard Oben

Richard Oben

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

That looks like they are doing a good job, there is lots of work there, it takes some skill to get it all to line back up.  Before they get too far make sure everything is sealed up really well to avoid the dreaded Z exhaust back draft.  Congrats on progress! Richard.  

#388 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

Well I should be getting my car back soon. It will be better than before with improved bracing and floor covering the fuel cell.
On a side note, I'm also going to upgrade to an electric power steering rack from silvermine motors...... Edan has a new product that is top notch, fair priced, and will make a world of difference tracking the meats on the front of my ride.
When the time comes, I will start a dedicated thread for the install, and track worthiness feedback. Now I just need to speed up time and get my car back. Jim

#389 Silver Mine Motors

Silver Mine Motors

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationEncino california

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

Sounds good to me Jim! I'm excited to have you run our system on your car!

Big Brake Kits for 240z, 260z and 280z go to

Silver Mine Motorshttp://www.silverminemotors.com/

#390 Stock Car Mafia

Stock Car Mafia

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 3 weeks ago

I got an email on the electronic steering kit recently.  Man it seems so tempting!

Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control.

#391 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm in....just waiting to get my car back.  Hopefully in Jan

#392 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted 3 days ago

Attached File  003.JPG   48.42KB   0 downloads

I'm back!  Still some work to go but at least she's home. 

#393 Richard Oben

Richard Oben

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 2 days ago

Like it never even happened... Great news.  Richard. 

#394 bigwillie67

bigwillie67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted A day ago

Motor and trans are in. Shifter come through the hole as advertised. I will post pics when I can on Monday.....
I was able to install with the passenger header bolted up, there is plenty of room to do the driver header after the fact... Install was a snap, I hand tightened the entire mount on to the block including what bolts into the cross member uprights. Lifted the back of the car onto ramps and the front on jack stands just high enough to allow the hoist legs to roll under the car. I pre installed the tranny mount as well minus the part that will drill through the tunnel. My car is a 72, it had threaded "wings"/tranny mounts and after I trimmed off a small tab on the trans housing it fit in place very easy without any extra cutting and ability to use the stock mounts. Really slick or lucky, I'm not sure. Once I had the tranny in the tunnel and the bolts threaded through the mount, the motor mounts were already lined up. All I had to do was slip the bolt through and bolt it down. I unloaded the motor from the hoist, let it all settle in place and bolted her all down. All that remains is the additional supports through the tunnel but I'm waiting on those until I know for sure the tailhousing and rear end are lined up. Felt good to get this far, feel like I'm in the home stretch now. Pics coming soon.

I have a 71 with the threads for the threaded wings but my car came with them as a rolller. Would you happen to have any pics with the CX Racing trans mounted bolted it? I'm interested in what kind of adapter I'd need to fabricate.

#395 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted A day ago

I was able to thread mine through the "Threaded wings" then waited on the trans tunnel mounts until I had the drive line in.   I think a few pics are on my build log thread but I'll see what I can dig up.  Jim 

#396 trackzpeed

trackzpeed

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationRedding

Posted A day ago

Attached File  012.JPG   64.64KB   0 downloadsAttached File  004.JPG   117.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  006.JPG   90.75KB   0 downloadsAttached File  004.JPG   117.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  005.JPG   65.53KB   0 downloadsAttached File  006.JPG   88.09KB   0 downloadsAttached File  007.JPG   56.99KB   0 downloadsAttached File  003.JPG   48.42KB   0 downloads

Death and resurrection..... Glad have her back in my garage.   Bumpers should be back on soon.... Racing starts in February 

Attached Files

• Attached File  007.JPG   76.67KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users