HybridZ

dash cap anybody?

NinjaWa

anybody here have dash caps on your cracked dash? was wondering is there a certain brand of dash cap i should avoid buying. i see quite a few on ebay with various pricing and not sure if they work the same other than pricing.

I bought one from MSA 25 years ago. I get compliments on my "perfect" dash all the time. I didn't even have to glue it down-it hooks on the gauge pod and the defroster vent plate. Just a half-dash. Still looks "perfect" 25 years later. The first and best purchase for my Z.

I don't know if MSA still uses the same supplier as before, but my '72 has a half cap at least 12 years old and still looks nearly perfect (also gets the perfect dash compliments). However within the last 2 years I've purchased 3 caps from MSA, 2 half caps and 1 full for an s130, and if I'm not super careful about having a sun reflector in the windshield covering every bit of the cap, they'll warp easily. I never had to worry about this with the '72, so I just figured they switched to a cheaper line and the quality is suffering. Or Texas is just that much hotter than it was 10 years ago.