HybridZ

16x9 15 offset on Stock 280z without flares? Possible or no ?

hey guys I currently have a stock 76 280Z and i was wondering if it would be possible to get 16x9 with a 15 offset on without the use of flares ( not a huge fan of flares ) im pretty sure i would need to get my fender rolled but i still need some more knowledge on this. If i could fit them what about tire sizes and etc ? 

Also i may lower the car with eibach springs in the next couple of months will i still be good without the flares then ? thank you for any help 

I forget the exact number, I think it is 8.5 wide with +4 where it leaves a quarter between the spring perch and rests against the fender with a decent drop.

So if you are trying to fit a 9 wide +15 you will run into the spring perch. If you spaced it out from the spring perch with a spacer, (either longer studs or bolt on spacer will be needed since the stock studs are pretty short) then you will be nearly an inch into your fender at a lowered ride height. 

If you ran some really thin tires and a large amount of camber you may be able to tuck the top under the fender if you space out a little further, but your contact patch is going to be quite poor.

I forget the exact number, I think it is 8.5 wide with +4 where it leaves a quarter between the spring perch and rests against the fender with a decent drop.

So if you are trying to fit a 9 wide +15 you will run into the spring perch. If you spaced it out from the spring perch with a spacer, (either longer studs or bolt on spacer will be needed since the stock studs are pretty short) then you will be nearly an inch into your fender at a lowered ride height.

If you ran some really thin tires and a large amount of camber you may be able to tuck the top under the fender if you space out a little further, but your contact patch is going to be quite poor.

Okay what if i spaced them out and rolled the fender, and got stretched tires would i be able to run them with no camber ?

Okay what if i spaced them out and rolled the fender, and got stretched tires would i be able to run them with no camber ?

Depends on how low you are. If you jacked the car up as long as you didn't hit the spring perch and your spring was stiff enough you could fit outboard whatever you wanted. It would look pretty bad though.

We really don't do slammed cars here very much, at that ride height your axles are going to be pointing up and you are going to have some awful handling characteristics, but to answer your question you would be kind of hard pressed to run without camber and fit the wheel/tire combo under the stock fender. You might have to pull the fenders at the minimum.

I don't mind getting the fender rolled ive seen it done on other s30s and it looks pretty good I just hate the idea of flares I think their played out, I want to drop the car one inch just to close the wheel gap, I was doing some research and found that 16x9 0 offset would do better with the 1 inch drop and the overall car

I don't like camber either I just want a wide clean look which is why I choose that size wheel and I want to drop it 1 inch

So is it possible to get 16x9 0 offsets on the car all around without fender flares and maybe just a fender roll/pull ? and is it still possible with the future 1 inch drop ?

^Or borrow one. Rebekahs has a point, wheels are all different as well as tires, no one can definitively say something will fit without more specifics and with your specific requirements it will be hard to.

If one inch drop is all you are going for with a stretched wheel and pull a 9 will fit. I think you do run out of offset inboard though. The number I have the 8.5+4 was a hair from touching the spring perch if I remember in board wise that is 4 inches +10mm, a 9 +0 will be 4.5 or 4 inches +12.5mm. 

Frankly it is in a realm of too close to call and our different definitions. I would call a 225 on a 9 a bit of a stretch, others will say you aren't stretching until you go 205 on a 9. 

If you can't find the wheel or can't afford a test wheel, take a tape measure and figure it out. It really isn't too hard. Once you have the numbers, call up the owner/seller of the wheel and have him measure and see if it will fit.