HybridZ

New CX Racing Coilovers

I JUST bought BC coils last week. Wish I saw this earlier :(

Don't be sad for getting the BC coilovers. From what I've read about other applications, the BC are a step above and the customer service is much better.

i think it's really a tough call on cost vs quality.

The CX racing is actually a replica of our BC coilovers but in a smaller strut tube diameter and no options to revalve or change your spring ratio.

Any idea if the stock valving is similar to the BC units?

Also, springs could be changed after the fact, no? Assuming 2.5" standard coils.

I'm not looking to do any racing so won't be adjusting the valving I'm sure. Just want a sport suspension that handles well for the street and has the ability to adjust camber a bit and ride height.

I have tokico HP, eibach springs, and coilovers sleaves, but have yet to section struts for them.

Don't expect the dealer to have an answer on a product that no one knows about nor is supported by them. You can change springs on anything aftermarket but why even go with them if you are gonna want to change components in the kit.

I wasn't planning on changing the springs. The 4.0 and 5.0 rates (225 and 280) would be pretty close to what I'd want for an aggressive street car. Just stating that if I did need to change coils down the road, it's not as if it's impossible.

The dealer was aware of other differences of the struts (i.e. the tube diameter), so I thought it wasn't unreasonable to at least ask if they were aware of any sub-par valving in the replica units. I'm highly leaning towards the BC simply for the customer service, but $330 (or 27% off) seemed like enough to at least investigate if the cheaper units would suffice.

It's been seen before online that they are likely built in the same factory, except to different specs.

Regards,
Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Im a vendor for all CX Racing products and I just spoke to them today and they informed me that the actual version they sell now dose not lower the vehicle much at all, there making a revised version to go low but as of now this kit dose not go low.

Im a vendor for all CX Racing products and I just spoke to them today and they informed me that the actual version they sell now dose not lower the vehicle much at all, there making a revised version to go low but as of now this kit dose not go low.

What is the strut length and lowering range as compared to BC Racing?

• 8 months later...

Any update on CX Racing coil overs? I'm new here and just started resto on my 240. It will not be a daily driver so 1-2k miles per year max. Realistically I will not track the car but would like the adjustability of these or others. The car will need springs and strut inserts so it seem like a smart move going to something adjustable. I know there are better available but for my planned usage are CX's good enough? Has anyone installed these that could offer so real life data? Thanks! Doug