HybridZ

Brace Yourselves.. Z in Mad Max

Dramier

In case you haven't seen or don't plan to see the new Mad Max movie, just figured I'd give a heads-up that there's a Z car in it.   It isn't prominent, but appears in the middle of the movie for several scenes, possibly more before I caught it.   Appears to be a 260 or 280Z, and doesn't look like there's much changed about it.   Just flat black but I wasn't prepared to study it so I didn't get a great look at it.   

Made me -really- glad I chose not to drive my Z to the movie, considering it's all flat black.   That would have been awkward.   =P

It looked bluish to me? At the first mountain crevice scene?

That's the only point I saw a car that could be an S30 or S130, but I'm not convinced until I am able to study it closer. I haven't been able to find any pictures or a copy (een a poor one) of the movie yet to get a screen cap from.

It looked like it was bare metal to me, with a black painted hood bulge. 

Nice find six shooter.   I searched forever for that scene!  

I agree though, it doesn't look like a Z now that I can see it for more than a hectic few seconds not expecting it.    The headlight buckets don't seem to have enough space in front of them and the front grill doesn't look right.   The hood also doesn't seem to have that point in the center.  

It's too hard to tell from the screen caps, I can't honestly say one way or another.    I guess the real question is what could it be if it's not a Z?   MG's don't have that bulge in the hood, although obviously they could have added that.   

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...