HybridZ

Heater Hose Connector?

Hi all,

I've got a rookie mechanical question for you... What is this connector called?

Heater Hose Connector

[NOTE: This isn't my vehicle and I only Googled this image for purposes of this post.]

It connects the outbound water from the engine block to the heater core behind firewall. The reason I ask is because (1) I'm new to cars and learning as I continue to work on my project and (2) I'm getting ready to order new hoses and would like to replace that particular connector. I presume it's common enough to order from AutoZone or Summit?

Thank you!

Why do you want to replace the connector? unless yours is corroded badly. And it's just a 90* fitting, i think 3/4" or 5/8" barbed one side and the other is some thread npt or bpst. You can probably pull it out and head over to a plumbing store and get it. They can at least measure it for you so you know what to look for. 

It's probably BSPT but I think that people have found an NPT that works.  You might try the local Nissan dealer also.  Or Courtesy Nissan, by phone.  Some of those old odd parts are still available from the factory.