HybridZ

Mikuni running rich?

nikoa808

Hello, I'm having some massive popping sound coming from my exhaust during deceleration and consistant load at low speed. I was told my car is running too rich and I need to change my jettings on my carbs. I am pretty new to Mikuni tuning and I need some suggestions on jettings. I have a 3.1L stroker engine with 44mm triple Mikuni carbs. It is unknown of the compression ratio/bore size as the previous owner did not have any build sheet of the engine. I did verify the crank and it is LD28 crank when I pulled the oil pan off and checked the part number.  It's got a F54 block with E88 head.  The cam is made by America Cam (065) with Lift of 480 and 280 duration (verified by the company). MSD 6AL ignition system with Blaster 2 coil. 6-1 header with 2.25" mandrel bend pipe to Greddy exhaust.  ignition is 10 degrees at idle.

Currently my jettings are:

Main air Jet - 200

Main Jet - 150

Pilot Jet - 55

Pump Nozzle - unknown

Outer Venturi - unknown

Fuel Pressure set to 3.5psi , no fuel return line

I am in the process of installing Wideband O2 sensor to log the air/fuel ratio to further tune the carbs... Any suggestions is much appreciated to minimize the popping noise and to have the engine run smoother.