HybridZ

lash pad swipe pattern test

madkaw

I have a head at the machine shop that was a victim of bad rockers. The two surfaces of the rocker were not parallel and the rocker sat crooked on the valve. It wasn't caught because the rocker was only swiped tested at the cam, which looked good.

So my question is - do you just Dykem the wear area on top and bottom of the lash pad when checking? Since the rocker just moves up and down on the valve side, does the wear Dykem test work as well there too?

Trying to make sure I get this right

• 4 weeks later...

Relating to this topic, my head is about done at the machine shop, but 3 lash pads don't show contact all the way across with a wipe test. It's like the previous issue I had, but we swapped rockers, lash pads and retainers and the wipe is still to one side at the valve. So the valve is not machine correctly, or the top of the valve is not straight? What would be the next step to troubleshoot this?

Along the same topic (Sorry for stealing thread).  I noticed when doing a valve adjustment on my head (Newly purchased, condition unknown) that when the cam is on a low spot (Where the lob sits when you check clearances), the rocker does not sit straight against the cam (Makes contact on one side only).  When the cam lob is on a high spot, it seems to sit flat.   

There is some play in the rockers, and it looks like the retaining clip is what is causing it to sit slightly off centre.  I don't think this is a huge concern as it enters itself but I thought i'd ask anyhow.

Edited by HuD 91gt