HybridZ

MS2, v3.0, got tach and injectors, but little to no spark

Barrel_Ball

I had this MS-II since 2011, it's on a V3.0 board, all the basic stuff, BIP373 ignitor and whatnot. I worked fine up until the end of last year before I removed it and all its harness from my old car. Hook it all up to my current project, hook up all the necessary powers, grounds, etc. I'm getting a consistent tach signal, as told by Tunerstudio and the sound of my injectors firing, but the spark happens very weak, and not consistent at all with the crank signal.

I started with the coil - it was burned out, so I replaced it and the ballast resistor. No change. I trace all the wiring from the coil's negative lead, all the way back through the relay board, through to the BIP373. All good. So I figured: "I's gotta be the ignitor". I order one up, just installed it, still no dice. I even got consistent power to the coil positive lead when the ignition's on.

What happens, is that you'll spin the dizzy shaft (L28ET with optical CAS), and all the coil does is nothing for a few seconds, then lets out a very weak spark once, then nothing. sometimes, it'll do it without any rpm input. I'm almost convinced the whole thing is fizzled out from the daughter card. 

Tach/input settings are as follows:

Spark mode - Basic Trigger

Trigger Angle/offset - 10 degrees

HEI - off

Skip pulses - 3

Input Capture - Rising Edge

Spark output - Going High (inverted)

Output pin - JS10 (properly jumper-wired, being what it is)

Any ideas would be greatly welcome, as I'm at my wit's end.