HybridZ

Jute and/or Insulator

Omen

So i picked up some insulator for from MSA, "The Insulator" while i was setting up for a restoration of the interior, but he carpet kit I got, ACC brand from stock interiors comes with a Jute pad SO, I guess my question is do I need, or even want both and if so in which order?

I was thinking using adhesive spray to seal down the insulator to the body with the silver side down and laying the jute pad over it and carpet over that. Overkill or am i on the right track?

thanks

Edited by Omen

Not sure how well that insulator stuff works. Any kind of heat/noise barrier is a plus in my book. I just recently put hushmat under 80% of the passenger and driver sides and it was an amazing difference. I can actually talk to my wife without raising my voice.

Jute pad is just for cushion mostly and can trap moisture if it gets wet. I tossed my padding personally.

Everything I read always talked about gluing it down but you make a good point. I was hoping to leave all the original old sound deadening material down only out of ease but if I can get away with just laying it all place maybe I'll do that then decide down the line if I want or need hush mat.

• 2 weeks later...