HybridZ

Car is fixed!

ktm

As some of you may remember, I was in an accident on Halloween day 2014.  I thought I totaled the car, especially when I found out my wife changed the policy to liability only.  The damage looked so much worse with the hood on, but I did not take any pictures at the time.  I was focused on assessing the real damage once I got the body panels off.

I have since fixed the car.  I took it to a great frame shop who worked miracles.  I then proceeded to do all the rest of the body work myself to include paint.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

The entire front clip is "new" save for the core support which the shop managed to save.  All "new" fenders, buckets, valence, cowl, and inspection lids.  I also decided to swap to a Seibon carbon fiber hood as well.

I learned my lesson regarding tires too.  I am now running Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s.  Talk about night and day with regards to traction.  Any way, I just wanted to share my happy moment.

post-1734-0-57971200-1434068738_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-78310000-1434068845_thumb.jpg

post-1734-0-88910400-1434068847_thumb.jpg

I imagine it was a lot of work, but it was also soooo worth it, right?  Looks like you did a great job getting it all back together and better than ever - now get out there and enjoy some of that sweet sweet summer cruising!!